Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WOW!!! Sunspot and Chuck make a GREAT PRODUCT!!!

robby4570

I have to say that this was one of the best transactions I have ever been involved with. Not to knock Rich and CMD - he's great to deal with too - I have to say that I am totally pleased with my Sunspot Stealth 720 scoop. I contacted Chuck's company on a Friday afternoon and they had 2 scoops in stock, one of which they promised to me. We took care of the payment arrangements and on Monday morning the scoop went out with a promised delivery of that Thursday. Tracking info was provided and the scoop arrived early Thursday afternoon as promised. I unboxed it and found the scoop, the handle (Chuck convinced me to get the handle and I am GLAD he did) the mounting hardware, and a pair of orange "gooey" gloves - I like 'em by the way - and assembly instructions.

Here's before assembly:

539286_10152179553750635_148336554_n.jpg

And after assembly (about 5 minutes later):

247720_10152179556815635_1568734054_n.jpg

Notice the angle, it is fantastic! The scoop is lighter than I had expected, while it still has some "heft" to it it is not "heavy". The balance is perfect and for digging, you just hold the handle upright, place the point where you want to start the scooping and push on the back with your foot. It cuts right into the sand and takes an enormous bite. After having used a MUCH smaller scoop, it took a bit of practice to get the tip exactly where I needed to start the hole, but it came quickly.

So, if you are thinking about getting a scoop, call Chuck and order one of these babies, you won't regret it.

I love Diablo, but that is one fine looking scoop!

its a great COPY of the s t a r v scoop :laugh: they should call it " thank u stavr "

not even close to a COPY IMO but still a very nice scoop.

Bout time they angled that thing. The original Sunspot was a pain. Looks like a great scoop

i think you will have a problem using it in the water ....i c my self getting my boots Rip on the edge of the corners where the handle attaches to the scoop

The Friday before last Kevin and I went to his factory and we BOTH bought a Sunspot Classic. He has a good scoop going.

210 $ plus shipping i cant realy c where the extra money went

Well, I don't see the "copy" factor you speak of, it is a much cleaner and better looking scoop than the Stavr. AND I have used it in the water and it worked GREAT. I may be less clumsy than you though, or just a more skilled and experienced water hunter - after all I water hunt 4 or 5 times a week as work permits and I hunt an average of 6 hours on each hunt in the water. I am more at home in the water than on land. Never came close to snagging my boots, not even one time! The angle IS a nice touch, I have a homemade 90 degree scoop and while it "works", I really like the angle on the Stealth 720!

i think if i hunted 4-5 times a week this would no longer feel like a bobby......more like a job i have a miller like scoop for the water ..straight handle scoops are a pain in the water

I guess it's all how you look at life... It's a HOBBY to me still. And I am just about to 600 hours MD'ing. Almost 400 of that was with my ACE 250, 150 hours on the Surf PI and almost 50 on the Sovereign.

Find what makes you happy in life and go with it!