Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WOW!

SwampeR

Got my detector from DeMarcos today went out for a few hours in an iron infested site that I stopped hunting for this reason. After a few hours I can say this, WOW!!!

That is great news, would you consider the soil mineralied, where you hunt? The guys testing the ctx sounded genuine, but its nice hearing it from the regular guy, i've been trying to hunt areas like that with my v3i with no luck, imagine it'll be the same in moderately mineralized soil. Mine should be in tomorrow, really wanna call in sick.

SwampeR said:
Got my detector from DeMarcos today went out for a few hours in an iron infested site that I stopped hunting for this reason. After a few hours I can say this, WOW!!!

Pics and details or it did not happen that is the rules.

In this site my Etrac would get confused with all the signals and throw 11/12 43/44s with only lots of iron to be dug, the 3030 threw me fewer 12/40s lock it on with pinpoint and whoop there is . Remember guys I have only had this machine a few hours using the coin program don't go breaking your kids piggy banks yet. I am glad I did 3 mercs 5 wheats in a site I wouldn't hunt and knew would produce.I'm from Jersey, soils easy, I have nothing bad to say. Machine processes target signals fast nice to see, I did not have to pinwheel around a target like with my E the 3030 was processing it all while walking forward if that makes sense.

And if you would have spelled Metamucil correctly, it would have been much funnier! :detecting: HH Randy.................just a regular guy!

I am still reading and trying a bit to understand all the settings so I took it outside next to my bar i own which is solid trash from over the years, mostly pull tabs and both rusty bottle caps plus other trash. In the coin mode it seem to chatter a lot of all the iron and trash, then I seen the high trash mode and tried it and now the new CTX 3030 quiet right down and ran real smooth compared to what it was before. Threw down some coins and got a good audio signal, but ID was a bit jumpy with all the trash. I used the trace pinpoint and now i could see where the good target was as it seems to make a mark on the ID where it seems to hit more which was the coin. Just got to read more and try more things and understand it a little more as I have some real heavy worked areas that no one is finding anything so I want to be prepared with the best setting and knowing what setting to use and when to use.