Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WOW!

DaveNV

There’s a park in the same town near me that I’ve been hunting since the mid-‘80s. (I might add that almost every person with a detector in a 25 mile radius has hit this park, too) It dates from the late 1940s. When I first started hunting the park, I would get silver, every time; some days, a few dollars, face value. Over time, finds started diminishing, of course. I’ve hit it with almost every major detector brand. Silver finds diminished to zero, but clad coins were always there. It had been a couple of years since I had found silver...deep dimes. It got to the point where I stopped going there. Along comes the excitement surrounding the Minelab Equinox. I was able to get one in March of 2018. My finds, overall, increased. I even started finding wheat cents aT this park and three more silver dimes, last fall.
Yesterday, I decided to give it another spin; it has been a very wet year (for the desert, anyway). Started out at the top of the hill, where I’d found lots of silver, way back when. I wasn’t finding much-a couple of zincs and a clad dime. I was approaching a tree when a got a great high 30s signal, depth indication around 6” (using the 6” coil). I dug down and my pinpointer screamed on the side of the hole. Jamming my probe into the hole, I felt something. I stuck my hand down into the hold and felt the target. Pulling it out, in my hand was a coin I haven’t found in 20 years...a 1941 Walking Liberty half!
The downside of this park is that whatever they are using for fertilizer absolutely “toasts” silver coins. Therefore, I’m not including a picture. But it is a silver half! Great way to start out 2020!

I know exactly how you feel... I too have been very impressed with the
Equinox since getting it a few months ago.
My very first time out with it, I found a 1909 wheat penny in a yard that has been scoured with more detectors
than I can count over the years after only about 15 minutes int the hunt.
There was about a 3” nail in the hole also with it.
I was in awe as I was not expecting to find anything here.
It has just been getting better ever since too!!!
I think many on this forum have had similar results as you and I.
I know one guy personally and he just could not understand how all the
coins he has been finding got missed by years of detecting!!

Congrats on the half, one of my favorite coins, right next to SLQ. Nothing like holding a nice big piece of silver history.

Nice find I just found my first one of this year a 1942 which I missed at this new old school I just started detecting it was along the front sidewalk where I’d found a silver quarter the day before a couple feet away!
It was very badly masked with rusty nails in the hole but goes to show you how well the equinox works!
I’ve found two half’s in this yard in 3 hunts in 2020!
But no silver dimes crazy!!!
Mark

2 half dollars already this year is pretty good!

I am seeing similar things with my 800. I am finding things that the E-Trac missed which is making me rehunt a lot of the difficult places again just to see what I left behind.

I found silver coins last year in my yard including a 1942 half dollar and i had hunted that yard with every detector I've owned since 1998 including 2 minelabs a tesoro bandito umaxII and a CZ20 ! The EQ rocks !!

Very nice work Dave! Walkers are my favorite coins, and yes, I’ve dug 2 Morgans....they just don’t have the intricacy and flair of the Walker. I also like the Mercury dime design a lot, but don’t care for the Peace dollar. Barbers are too plain. Seated are very nice to find but also too plain. The Walker is a work of art in 90% silver, and they are THE most beautiful coin struck in silver to date, IMHO.
I have found a 1935 Walker already with the EQX800, stupidly obvious signal at 7” down. Someone just missed it, they don’t get any more obvious than that!
Keep up the good hunting!