Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Written List of Latest Updates

Steve O

I went on the XP site a couldn't find it. I've seen it before but can't remember where.
Also, how do I get the big numbers to show up on the D2 screen?
Is the latest update 7.1 ?
And another thing . . . I can't get the remote to sync with the headphones. They were at one time but I screwed things up, don't know what I did . . .I may have accidentally changed the serial numbers. Any way I'm all messed up with this hi tech stuff . . . . . maybe it's not meant to be . . . . maybe I'm better off with my ole CZ. I ain't giving up though.

7.1 latest I think, if you have the puck, large screen accessed by pushing the 2 r/h buttons at the same time, will only show large screen when target acquired.

I finally got the WS6 phones to sync with the remote. . .remote being the master. One good thing with all this fiddling, I'm learning the D2 even though it's highly frustrating for me. I need to stay calm and push through it. Sometimes I think I have a thinking disorder because I can read something and it can make sense in several different ways . . . . then I have to try each one, basically I stumble through it. For new finds a fellow has to try new tech . . . new tech opens up old spots. . . .I'm all for that.

I finally got the WS6 phones to sync with the remote. . .remote being the master. One good thing with all this fiddling, I'm learning the D2 even though it's highly frustrating for me. I need to stay calm and push through it. Sometimes I think I have a thinking disorder because I can read something and it can make sense in several different ways . . . . then I have to try each one, basically I stumble through it. For new finds a fellow has to try new tech . . . new tech opens up old spots. . . .I'm all for that.
Steve, they don’t produce user friendly instructions on anything these days. When I got a new car the salesman say, ‘who reads the manual’.
Very frustrating for sure but I thank God and our Findmall family and owner for terrific folks and forums!

7.1 latest I think, if you have the puck, large screen accessed by pushing the 2 r/h buttons at the same time, will only show large screen when target acquired.
Yeah, but it doesn’t stay put after power down.

Yes it does as your not changing part of a program, bit like the graph equaliser and other non program functions.

Update is coming, a few solid sources say! The XP machines are a little different, I guess you just have to really get into the mindset of accepting them for what they are, which can be a challenge. There are “global” settings which stay with all programs and “local” settings which affect specific things within a program. Just keep at it, it’ll come into view!

Update is coming, a few solid sources say! The XP machines are a little different, I guess you just have to really get into the mindset of accepting them for what they are, which can be a challenge. There are “global” settings which stay with all programs and “local” settings which affect specific things within a program. Just keep at it, it’ll come into view!
I asked when the update was coming and their answer today was that they couldn't say.

I asked when the update was coming and their answer today was that they couldn't say.
Thanks for the update on the update!😃 I had asked a fairly popular YouTuber who seems to have connections to XP if it was possible for them to run the MI-6 through the disc circuit, effectively having a discriminating pinpointer. I am hoping beyond hope that’s what they’re working on! Hey, a guy can wish, right?

Big Tony, I traded for a '23 Chevy Sierra the first week of Dec. The owner, who sold me the truck, said the new ones do not come with a manual and I would have to go on line. He did agree to order a manual and is suppose to be here this coming week. IF it comes in it will have taken over 5 weeks to get it. General Motors must be having financial problems to not be able to supply a manual. My old manual was printed on paper not much better than newsprint. Right now I have 6 questions to be answered that I need a manual for. Dumb me, I could not get the manual on my computer. Most manuals run 200 to 300 pages I would think.

Big Tony, I traded for a '23 Chevy Sierra the first week of Dec. The owner, who sold me the truck, said the new ones do not come with a manual and I would have to go on line. He did agree to order a manual and is suppose to be here this coming week. IF it comes in it will have taken over 5 weeks to get it. General Motors must be having financial problems to not be able to supply a manual. My old manual was printed on paper not much better than newsprint. Right now I have 6 questions to be answered that I need a manual for. Dumb me, I could not get the manual on my computer. Most manuals run 200 to 300 pages I would think.
Wild Willy, you’re not dumb, things change and it’s stuff we didn’t think of creating. Like double click the unlock button to lower the windows. If I didn’t see the mechanic do that I wouldn’t have known because the manual is a few hundred pages!
Tony

I really like the XP 2. I sold all my other metal detectors to just concentrate only on the XP. You can only use one at a time anyway. I have the 9 and 11" coils. They are both good. M1-6 is the only problem that I can find with the XP. I believe there are too many programs in the pinpointer. Because there is no instant on and possibly I push the button on the pinpointer too many times and go into an unfamiliar one of the six or so programs of the pinpointer. I was out a day ago and my pinpointer didnt act right at all. The light was just on without it pinpointing. Pushing the button had no effect on the pinpointer. Turned the metal detector off and back on and the pinpointer began to work as it should again. I know we are getting lazy but if we had a pinpointer that was ready when it came out of the carrier without pushing on/off, it would be wonderful.

I want to be able to turn on the detector and it return to what it was when I turned it off instead of having to redo all the settings or save to a new program every time.