Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ws5 headphones and control module used together.....

Silverbackbob

I'm a total newbie to the deus so I'm sure this will be the first of many questions. I saw in the manual that you can't adjust anything with the headphones other than volume once the main module is turned on. So far so good. So....I put it in program 3 and left everything stock...and turned on the module. After saying no to speaker it went into some gobbledegook setting or other with me hitting buttons like crazy trying to find program 3. So......my question is, once you set up the program you want with the headphones, shouldn't the module be on the same page automatically when you turn it on?? Does any of that question make sense??? Please help before I pull out what hair I have left. And yeah, I'm over 60. Ha!! The weight is a welcome change. Bob.

Set up the programs on the module it then sends it all to the headphones.....providing they are paired.

Turn on the remote 1st. after booting up and selecting speaker (no), Then turn on the headphone. Use only the remote to select programs, change settings etc.

Alright,,,,if you program your remote with different programs,,,,you must have your headphones on before they will be programmed.

Remote settings will have precedence,,,what does this mean....

If I take your coil,,and headphones,,and pair my remote ( that has my programs installed) ,,,,at turn on my remote settings are NOW in your coil,,,your coil's settings that were once there are GONE,,,and when I turn on my remote,,,again my remote's get transferred to your headphone module--- and your headphone module settings once loaded are gone bye bye.

Moral of the story,,,,don't ever let anyone else pair their remote to your coil,(Deus lite owners),,,,unless of course you are troubleshooting or maybe have a Deus lite version and ahelping a friend is puttting in some extra programs with settings using a remote module.

Remote settings will always take precedence for programming,,,and the headphone module will pick up these settings.

It is possible for headphone module to have its own settings vs remote,,,but in order for this to ever work,,,a person cannot ever turn on the headphone module while the remote is turned on,,,and paired to coil--- this really doesn't even ever sound like a sensible situation a person would need.......

And remember,,,settings dialed in programs in using remote,,,,this program slot data,,,some of it can be seen on a headphone module and coil only setup,,but not all like for example silencer setting, reactivity , etc

Hi Gary. I got the deus with the w5 headphones and modules from a dealer. Does that mean they are "paired"?? And if not, how do I go about introducing them to each other?? Bob.

See page 30 this link.

Sweep a coin with your detector (no steel) coin,,,do you get tone and TID=== most likely you are paired.

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/images/update_deus/User_manual_UK_V3.0_WEB.pdf

Also,,if a person just takes out their coil and headphone remote and makes some programs using just the headphone remote.

This will work fine,,,but you turn on on a paired remote,,,the headphone modules settings are gone bye bye--- settings in remote will be picked up headphone module.

I once thought the coil was the driver here--- not true,,actually the remote,,,and if no remote the headphone module.

Thanks, that's good info......and should be in the book IMHO. My granddaughter has to help me with the 3 TV remotes so I probably should have expected a small amount of struggle. Ha!! Thanks for the help. Bob. PS any deus developers reading this....I think the headphones and the module should mirror each other...if that's developmentally possible?? Bob.

I will do that.mjust FYI,mi did hunt with it a little. I dug a nickel, a quarter, a penny and lots of junk from an old yard. With tones and tides. But I never could get the preset programs to show up on the module so I could pick # 3. Weird. Bob.

Bob,,

Not to worry here,,no one is going to say anything about you asking intelligent questions.

You are correct,,,more info should have been supplied in the manual.

Btw presets will never change internally,,,granted you can make changes to presets while hunting,,,but you power down both the remote and headphone module,,back to default settings.

This in one way is nice,,,,beginners with Deus don't have to worry about getting lost setting wise-- if they do just power off and back on.

I am sure you will have other questions and concerns...

You are at the right place to get some good info.

Cheers.

The arrow buttons on the remote will scroll you through all of the programs once on and paired to the coil.....
From #11 up to 20 will be where you save any modifications to the stock programs and
they must be saved if you want to use them after you power off and back on...
Once the remote is powered on regardless of the settings on the headphones all settings
revert to the remote and the headphones are for audio only with only volume control.....

Once you've saved a couple of modified programs with the remote they will be on the headphones as well as the remote
and you can scroll to the saved programs on the headphones too (when the remote is off)
the Deus is designed around the audio and once you get your
ears trained you can hear good targets much deeper than the VDI can accurately identify them
So you might as well start getting used to the audio...