Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wtb Books or manuals on the CTX 3030

Excellent choice Mr. McGee. Be aware of the weight. Well balanced but still 5.2 lbs. if you have NEVER run a metal detector, also be aware that there are certain “basics and skills” that apply to ALL detectors. Developing a good handle on these will only make the attributes of the CTX more available to you. Good luck in your search, don’t forget the manual which can be found online by typing “CTX3030 manual” into Google, as well as many videos regarding the CTX on YouTube. “Detect History”, “NWGA Metal Detecting”, “Wizards of Wisconsin” and “Gone Hunting for History” all have videos from the USA which can give you a head start. Of course there are others but those come to mind…

Excellent choice Mr. McGee. Be aware of the weight. Well balanced but still 5.2 lbs. if you have NEVER run a metal detector, also be aware that there are certain “basics and skills” that apply to ALL detectors. Developing a good handle on these will only make the attributes of the CTX more available to you. Good luck in your search, don’t forget the manual which can be found online by typing “CTX3030 manual” into Google, as well as many videos regarding the CTX on YouTube. “Detect History”, “NWGA Metal Detecting”, “Wizards of Wisconsin” and “Gone Hunting for History” all have videos from the USA which can give you a head start. Of course there are others but those come to mind…
Kevin (IDXMonster) is "tha man"----better listen to him McGee---he's a pretty sharp dude! (y) ---------Ole man Del

Kevin (IDXMonster) is "tha man"----better listen to him McGee---he's a pretty sharp dude! (y) ---------Ole man Del
😃How are things Del? I don’t know about the “sharp” part but I try to pay attention at least part of the time!😂 The weather has been pretty uncooperative this spring around here, hopefully you have been faring better!

Looking to get into metal detecting. Interested in purchasing manuals and books on CTX 3030
If you are a weakling, or old, it might not be for you, but anyone with average strength won't notice it.

The only decent book out there is by Andy Sabisch.

If you are an intellectual person, this is probably the one that will keep your mind the most entertained! It's not for dummies or wimps!

A very good choice. I had to work my way up with 3 years on AT Pro and 3 years on Nox 800. Wished I had bought my CTX3030 6 years ago. Best Coil finder on the market. It it says it is a coin, it is a coin. The color graphic display of the FE/CO grid is nothing short of remarkable.
Plus a very well built detector. Solid not wobbly and shaky like the 800.

Reading the Andy S book right now. Im taking info out of the book and applying it in the field, one thing for sure every place is different and we have places that have many different types of ground and emi conditions. I find being able to tweek the ctx easily and on the fly as you notice conditions changing gives me the good kind of goose bumps. Although some a hole has already hunted these parks with a v3i running all kinds of specialized programming, pickings are slim, now where emi and hot ground was a problem the ctx shines like a star. V3i and ctx3030 are very similar in tweeking. Run it up till it squeals then back it off till it purrs. 🤩