Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-1 probe on the Equinox?

IDXMonster

Wouldn’t that just be the cats pajamas! Are these new Multi-IQ coils using chips? What’s that connector look like,anyone got a pic?

Would SunRay Make an IQ-1 probe for the Equinox?

Hmmm. That would be interesting. I had one on my Explorer XS for years and then on my Etrac. I loved this probe, but had to abandon it when I tore up my shoulder and needed to relieve some swing weight.

What is the combined weight of the equinox 800 and a Sun Ray DX-1 probe? (It wouldn't need to be an X-1 style, with the upper control rod as the Equinox doesn't have a coil cable inside the search rod)

Rich

Sadly, there wouldn't be a sunray probe even if the equinox has a regular non-chipped coil. Sunray has stopped making all inline probes.

That stinks that they no longer make ANY probes. I guess if you have one and like it,hang onto it. I really do wonder what it would take for ML to incorporate them into the newer Smart Coil equipped machines as an option. Guys like me who park hunt and regularly bring 2-5 items out of the hole with only one of them being a coin really do benefit from a probe with ID. It likely doesn’t make sense from a company POV but it sure makes sense to me.

GREAT invention. But Ralph stopped making them for ML explorers because ML made it to costly. I hadnt heard that he wasnt making ANY inline probes thou any more? Now thats real disappointing. The ability to tell what you were digging over just knowing where the target was saved more digging and did less damage. Not to mention i hate having to lay my detector 3' away from me when checking the hole. 4" on a target...... and getting a digital read out reduced time especially of near surface targets. That ment no digging, popping out the target cleanly, and more of course less time could put more in your pouch at the end of the day for those with limited time out there.

Dew

dewcon4414 said:
GREAT invention. But Ralph stopped making them for ML explorers because ML made it to costly. I hadnt heard that he wasnt making ANY inline probes thou any more? Now thats real disappointing. The ability to tell what you were digging over just knowing where the target was saved more digging and did less damage. Not to mention i hate having to lay my detector 3' away from me when checking the hole. 4" on a target...... and getting a digital read out reduced time especially of near surface targets. That ment no digging, popping out the target cleanly, and more of course less time could put more in your pouch at the end of the day for those with limited time out there.

Dew

Yep, those were the best thing I have ever bought for a detector. I absolutely LOVED my X-1 on my E-Trac. I don't think he quit because minelab made it too expensive, even though that was his excuse. He first quit making them for ML, then not long after all probes disappeared from the Sunray page. All he sells now are coils and headphones and those are still great products. Considering that a 10 year old , used X-1 still demands $300 - $350 I can't believe he's not selling them anymore.

My X-1 will stay on my Etrac forever.I I plan on never selling it. Just keep it to the "wheels" Fall off.

I got to say the discontinuation of the sunray probes has been my biggest disappointment so far with detecting equipment...its right up there with the lack of updates for the ctx....

Yes, the lack of Sunray probe is what caused legions of explorer faithfuls to NOT "update" to the CTX. And it will be the same exact reason why I would not switch to this new Ox. I will fool around with it for other reasons to experiment with new tech . But .... will be in tears that it can't have an in-line probe :( The loose probes (carot, etc... ) are nowhere near as fun and useful as the in-line probes.

Sunray probes: R.I.P. :(

Tom_in_CA said:
Yes, the lack of Sunray probe is what caused legions of explorer faithfuls to NOT "update" to the CTX. And it will be the same exact reason why I would not switch to this new Ox. I will fool around with it for other reasons to experiment with new tech . But .... will be in tears that it can't have an in-line probe :( The loose probes (carot, etc... ) are nowhere near as fun and useful as the in-line probes.

Sunray probes: R.I.P. :(

Every sunray probe out there today is on borrowed time. Most are a decade old or more now. Eventually they are all going to fail. As great as they are, you should be adopting new tech

It always amazes me how different people see things and we are lucky to have so many options..
I couldn’t get the X-1 Probe off my E-Trac fast enough. I read all the glowing stories about them and purchased
2 of them in advance of my E-Trac showing up.
I considered the probe annoying, slow and heavy.. I could retrieve targets much faster with the carrot.
I’m about maximum target recovery speed so I can have more swing time.
My friend I hunt with had warned me about them but I tried them out anyway. He had used one and didn’t like it either..

One of the things about the Equinox I’m looking forward to is it’s light, simple build and the last thing I want to do is add a box, probe
and annoying cable to the shaft..

Bryan

Jason in Enid said:
..... As great as they are, you should be adopting new tech

NNNoooo. Sob wimper :( I have 3 Sunray X1 probes for my explorer. JUST for the very reason you cite. That, yes, they do go out. I am holding one together with black tape right now as a matter of fact. When/if it finally goes, then move on to the next one. Between the 3 should last years, haha.

Actually, it's still not too hard to find them on the used market. But they can command a pretty penny !

Guys I hate to burst your bubble but... the Equinox is waterproof the sunray probes are not.
and that's just the start.
Chipped coils
changing frequencies
Enough said- I have and still use sunray products. Ralph is a personal friend that I have hunted with and consider it an honor to know him.
Thank you!

Yeah I think we all had a pretty good idea the current ones wouldn’t work...it was all just wishful thinking for those who like using them. I love mine for the discrimination it offers,and because I have one LESS thing to put a battery in or lose. Those who have and use them will dream about that X-IQ or that X-FBS2 that’s wireless and everything! Then I’ll have to change the battery and worry about losing it again...dammit!:lol: