Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-5 coil VS. 6 INCH DD EXCELERATOR COIL

Had the X-5 and the 4.5 x 7 Excellerator, but never owned the 6".

All I can say is, I wish I would have never gotten rid of the X-5. I felt it worked much better than the 4.5" X 7" Excel.

Just my 2cents

Goodluck on your decision
DJH

The X-5 beats the 6X8 SEF for target seperation---isn't quite as deep as the SEF.----Both are good coils in their own right.------Del

The great thing about the X 5 is the coil has such a short detection strip and sees less ground. Therefore where I live the E Trac will max itself out on sensitivity right quick and stay there. It goes deep too because of the sensitivity being so high. My 6X8 SEF is deep also but runs at least 5-8 less on the sensitivity. It's a toss up here to me. The X 5 will sniff em out just as good as the SEF imo if not better in a lot of trash.

CRAIGBAILEY said:
Has anyone used both and can you tell us the pros and cons and any pointers on them. Thanks Craig

Craig I had the X5 a while back, got the 6" excellerator and sold the X5. I think its got a little better depth, seperation is the same, both weigh the same.

Ive never tried a 6X8 SEF but would like to. If I run across a used one I will grab it. Ive got a X8 also, great coil, but its always fun to try new coils.

Neil