Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-Terra 305

Tarot

Hi Everyone

I currently use a Minelab Sovereign Elite mainly for the beach, and a Garrett Ace 250 as a general use detector. I am thinking of purchasing a new detector, which will be used mainly for field/land use.

I have always liked the look of the X-Terra range, and have noticed that the whole range has recently been upgraded with new features. The XT 305 now has Manual GB, Multi Tone ID, Noise Cancel and 7.5kHz or 18.75kHz coil options. (Much like the previous XT 50)

Does anyone on here use the XT 305 or know any other detectorists that use that model ?

I would be interested to hear your thoughts and comments, with regard to performance, likes and dislikes.

Regards Tarot (Bob)

I had one its a good machine its tenedencies are to like silver and quarters and dimes alot. It ids pretty well and will work well in the right hands. Overall very similir to the xterra 50.

Welcome to the site! Glad to have you on!

IMHO the 305 is a great unit and will do you well, Beale.

I had the X-Terra 30 for 3 years and an Ace for 2.5 years. You'll enjoy the 305. The tones are real easy on the ear and the numeric display is real easy on the eye. Having the extra new features on the 305 is going to improve things, especially having the multi tones.
With the X-Terra's you can tell junk signals far more easily on the fly, however, once you go into pinpoint the Ace's pinpoint fade tends to be able to able to tell what's what better.
I'm currently using an X-Terra 70 (as well as a few other detectors) and really enjoy using it. The X-terra's are real easy to use and are as effective as any detector that I've seen or used and one of the most pleasant to use.
Mick Evans.

Thanks for the welcome and advice, added to my online research and other advice I have decided to purchase the XT305. I have ordered it today, and it will be with me tomorrow. I will keep you all informed and updated, once I get the chance to give it a try.

Regards Tarot (Bob)

Well the new XT 305 arrived yesterday, and I have been busy reading the manual and playing with the settings. I live in the NW of England, and we are experiencing some very bad weather. There are severe weather warnings in place, with a lot of local flooding. All of the farms I would normally go to are under water, and many of the access roads are blocked.

So I must be content with doing some air tests until the weather improves. I have plenty of finds from previous hunts to use as test pieces, including Roman. Medieval, Georgian and Victorian. I will try and post some ID numbers and depth reading from the air tests, until I can get out and make some new finds.

So far I am very impressed with the new detector, but would agree with the comments about the stem length and stand. I am 5' 9" and with the detector at its shortest length is perfect for me. I feel anyone under this height, would need to purchase the shorter lower rod. And the stand is very narrow, and the detector tends to easily fall over when resting on the ground (I'm working on a fix for that).

I like the flexible coil cover, which makes removal far easier than most other detectors. It's quite a tight fit around the outer edge of the coil, but seems to be very loose around the inner part of the coil. Do you find you have any problems with dirt or sand getting between the coil and cover? Like I said, from my initial tests I am very impressed. These are just a couple of minor issues, which I had read about before the purchase.

Regards Tarot (Bob)