Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-Terra Officially Discontinued

jmaclen

The X-Terra series and the Safari have been officially discontinued and are no longer part of Minelab's product line.

The current product line for recreational metal detectors looks like this:

1600576677102.png

I always enjoyed using my X-Terras but I am not sorry to see them go. The Equinox is a much better detector.

I see what you are showing but I do not see it on their discontinued page. Too bad if they are as it is a very capable detector.

Attachments

• 64A41BC0-3F90-4AF3-A92A-9CF2CE3EBCE6.jpeg
    64A41BC0-3F90-4AF3-A92A-9CF2CE3EBCE6.jpeg
    705.2 KB · Views: 237
I bought a 505 about 5 yrs ago. I still use the machine , and it still finds stuff. Just got a Nox 600. But I'll still keep the 505.

I see this news as a double edged sword.

It's sad, because the Xterra series were technological pioneers, part of which laid the foundation for the newer machines, and now the clock is ticking on how long Minelab will service them as well as how long parts will be available.

And the upside is, that I'll now likely be able to pick up another one or two (or three) cheap enough that I'll not only have one 'til I die, but I'll also finally take the opportunity to play with a few ideas I've had for years to modify a couple for specific purposes.