Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-TERRA PRO...or Vanquish 440???

Jagdwerks

Narrowed down my new purchase to either a X-TERRA PRO or the Vanquish 440. Will be using the lucky one on the beach. Thoughts on both??? Thanks,and happy findings!

The XTP will use any wired waterproof headphones that the Equinox or Manticore use. Same connector. If you want to go wireless with non-waterproof headphones you will need to purchase one of those Bluetooth transmitters to be able to use the XTP with standard APTX LL Bluetooth headphones. Look on the big A online store for the 1 Mii Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Adapter that is APTX LL. About $30.
The XTP uses the same proprietary Bluetooth LE that the Equinox 700/900 and Manticore use and as of now you can't buy those (over priced) headphones from Minelab.

That is a tough call to make… both are priced about the same and have great features.. since the XTerra Pro seems to handle salt water beaches great even though it is a single frequency detector. That and the fact that it is waterproof, I think I would pick that one.
Another thing to consider is the salty air environment and how it may effect the vanquish over time.
You stated you would be using the winner on the beach.
I think you will be happy with either one.
Good luck in your decision.