Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-Terra Snap-on Stand

team sidewinder

I am really liking this stand for my Minelab X-Terraa 705. Never liked setting my detector down to dig a target because it would always tip over on the headphone jack which with my current headphones sticks straight out of the control head. I didn't like the way it always tipped the control head into ground/dirt either.
It was well worth the $$ IMHO
{sorry....I have to edit this because he is a business that doesn't pay to advertise here. If someone wants one, they can search Ebay for a snap on Xterra stand and they will find it.}

I ended up making my own stand, out of PVC electrical fittings.. search for 'Making a stand for my xterra-70 , March 2013' on youtube.
One issue in general, regardless of the stand that you use, is the placement of the stand so that you don't hit your leg
with it as your swinging. :)

team sidewinder said:
I am really liking this stand for my Minelab X-Terraa 705. Never liked setting my detector down to dig a target because it would always tip over on the headphone jack which with my current headphones sticks straight out of the control head. I didn't like the way it always tipped the control head into ground/dirt either.
It was well worth the $$ IMHO
{sorry....I have to edit this because he is a business that doesn't pay to advertise here. If someone wants one, they can search Ebay for a snap on Xterra stand and they will find it.}

OK. I understand the edit. I kind of wondered about that. My bad.
Thanks Old Longhair for your volunteer work on this forum

brianincnb said:
I ended up making my own stand, out of PVC electrical fittings.. search for 'Making a stand for my xterra-70 , March 2013' on youtube.
One issue in general, regardless of the stand that you use, is the placement of the stand so that you don't hit your leg
with it as your swinging. :)
I see your point on the hitting the leg thing. I had to move it down the shaft a little farther than I really wanted but it still does work. I looked at the thing and thought I could make it myself but the part that snapped onto the shaft had me wondering how I could duplicate that part. And I am sure I am not as handy as some with that kind of stuff.

Chuck at Indian nation detectors ( who is a findmall sponsor) sales snap on stands if someone is looking.