Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X35 coils working good.

basstrackerman

I've been using the 9"&11" x35 coils. Several things I've noticed... I can run sensitivity alot higher and maxed out if I wanted to. Ran 11" the other day at a field behind an old school I've hunted for 20 years or more. Using deep mode, sens 97-98, silencer -1, 7kHz with tracking ground balance was able to pull out some deep 9" Wheaties with solid 90-91 numbers and clear smooth tones. I could raise the coil several inches above ground and still have a diggable signal. The coil ran smooth and very quiet, not chatter at all at those high sensitivity settings. All iffy signals were trash and all solid tones were good targets. Several quarters in the 6-7 " range were banging so loud I honestly thought aluminum cans but id was solid 95. My audio was set on 4 . My 9" in deep mode hit my test garden coins as good or better than my older 11" did.. yes I was running 98 sensitivity with 9" and 90 on 11" due to chatter in my yard on older coil. Just thought I'd say the newer coils are definitely smoother and seem to give better tones on deeper targets due to no chatter mixed in.. I could run the hf coil 98-99 sensitivity also and not have the depth I have with the x35 coil. Due to frequency options I'm sure as I did not have both to test on same or as close as can get to exact frequency.. that I'd like to see..

I'm looking forward to your side by side separation tests along with depth tests. Testing the x35 on 27.7 kHz and the hf coil on it's highest frequency to see if it's worth the extra coil if you already have the x35 coil..

I'm still having chatter with the 11" X35 coil the same as I get with the 11"LF coil. I was in different locations so that wasn't the problem. I couldn't go above 90 sens. I'll get out more on Friday and report back then.

I was curious if you are running 5.1 with the MI6 pointer? I will be getting out soon and wanted to check if there were any issues with the x35 and the older LF coils losing connections without the MI6. I don't plan on taking a chance using the MI6 out in the fields till this has been resolved.
Thanks!

I used the MI6 with 5.1 and the 11" X35 coil all day and never had any issues. It seemed to work better than ever.

I'm using 5.1 and an mi6 and it perfect and fast connecting and disconnecting. No issues at all

Myself and a couple of other people I know of are having issues when the detector is laid horizontal on the ground, the new X35 coil is very chattery. Im not sure if its faulty or just a bad batch i'm still trying to get to the bottom of it. Has anyone else had this issue?