Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xcal- can run higher sens in pp than disc.....

borntofli

Hunting the waterline-wetsand area and was having trouble falsing in disc when I ran over the sargassum that is piling up on the beach..... Switched to pp and had no trouble running thru the seaweed..... Could also turn the sens way up w/out troubles.... When got signal, switch to disc to check it out....
With that sens setting the disc mode would false every touch of seaweed....

Am I gaining depth running really high sens in pp?? I didnt try this in the water, should have......I did find one greenie quarter at 13-14" in this mode.. Fairly good signal....

I will give this a try on my gt in the am, see if I can seek out some of those deep lurkers I have been missing.......

The good of reverse discrimination hunting....run hot in PP mode, switch to disc to check...find a deep target and fine tune in PP, then move to another faint and fine tune again..should be the deepest you can get then. In the salt water, the deeper you go out, the less depth you will get, and this will vary from place to place due to the salinity content of the water..............and you will have to retune for this area

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5kbyNf85Uk

I run in PP as well in dry and wet sand at my local beaches. I definitely hit deeper targets in PP mode that Disc mode won't even chirp out.