Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xchange 2 and Apple

Thanks for the reply.....That answered my question it works on Windows only......Was hoping they had a Mac version.......

You can install boot camp or a similar product that lets you run any windows based software. I have it and we call them half macs

Anybody recommend a good place to buy the windows program for Mac so I may use the Xchange 2 program on my Mac?

Any computer retailer should carry Windows software. I just poked around and it looks to go for just a bit over $100 for a liecensed copy.

I took a different path. Instead of partitioning my Mac and installing windows. I picked up a used mini laptop with Windows already installed. I figured this way I'll have a laptop dedicated to my CTX. This way I will not have to keep switching over the operating systems on the Mac.

You know, I would never have thought to do buy a separate used computer (and there certainly are tons out there). Great advice and possibly easier than adding programs to the Mac. Sweet!

detectordepot.com said:
You know, I would never have thought to do buy a separate used computer (and there certainly are tons out there). Great advice and possibly easier than adding programs to the Mac. Sweet!

Yeah, getting a used computer is fairly easy these days. I've seen on a different forum where a user asks if anyone has a spare laptop for free. He got 3 different members willing to just give away their old computers. Several members offered up really cheap deals on their laptops. I missed out on some black Friday deals so I searched eBay & Craigslist. Found a Dell mini 10 with windows XP on eBay for a reasonable price. It's perfect because it's small. If I ever want to travel with the CTX and download my hunts, I now have a computer to do so without having to mess with my personal computer.

unearth said:
Anybody recommend a good place to buy the windows program for Mac so I may use the Xchange 2 program on my Mac?

It's just Windows [Version Here]. They don't make a specific Windows just for the Mac. You can use any version of the OS. Look into VMWare Fusion 5. I run both Mac OS and Windows 7 at the same time, and switch between the two depending on what Im doing.