Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XChange 2

bcoop

I'm really looking forward in adjusting the CO tones to the CO values I want. I think it will be a benefit for sure and look forward in setting it up for beach hunting. If your not aware of it you can go into XChange and play around with it and get a feel for it and listen to the assigned CO and FE tones.

BCOOP

I just downloaded it, it looks great,:clap: I know I am going to use this alot and if the my Geohunt graphics will be the same as the sample below, that will be awesome. This is way better than I could of imagined. I really like the Combined Tone ID feature as well, I don't see how I would use anything else for the majority of my hunting excursions.
I wonder if Randy has any tweaks to the programs that he incorporated into his machine?

Xchange 2 is a great tool.

I was hoping that Minelab would make it compatible for the E-trac too, but it's a no go. I understand the settings features aren't the same. It would be nice to have a good update for the E-trac Exchange that is similar to this. I save my findings on GPS and it would be great to have a database that stores everything in one place. I love the E-trac and haven't had it all that long. It would be a long time before I could afford to upgrade.

Don, the discrimination "tweaks" that I wanted have been incorporated into the finished product. :clapping: The main one I was after was to open up the conductive range a couple more clicks in the Coin Mode, through 46, for US silver dollars. But I do change some of the "factory" parameters to better reflect the sites I hunt and the techniques I use. To do this, I opened up the Coin Search mode and made a few changes to it........ I turned Recovery Fast ON, changed Target Separation to Ferrous - Coin, changed Pinpoint to Sizing, turned on Target Trace and Target Trace Pinpoint, changed my Auto Sens to +2, changed Pattern 2 to accept all values, set the Volume Gain and Threshold to my "comfort zone". I left the Tone ID as multiple tone conductive, as I like that mode when hunting in areas with lots of modern trash. When I was done making changes and leave the programming mode, it will ask you if you want to save the changes. If you say YES, it will implement the changes into the Coin search mode.

For hunting the more "rural areas", I wanted to make a new search mode for the Combined Tone ID with the same "parameters". To accomplish this, I simply pressed the menu pad, pulled up the modified Coin search mode I just built, changed the Tone ID to Combined and press the detect pad. I also resized the "bins" by lowering the ferrous line to 21 and changed the parameters of the conductive bins. You can also change the audio pitch of each "bin", if you have certain tones you hear better than others. After you are done, since you made a change to the program, it will once again ask you if you want to save the changes. Instead of saving it over the Coin Program, save it to one of the other Search modes that is availablle (6 - 10) That now becomes your Combined tone program and will be kept in that search mode slot (M6 on mine) to be used in future hunts. Once saved, press the soft programmable pad and set it for Previous Mode. And you're all set! You've modified your Coin mode to reflect "tweaks" for your style and sites. And you've built a new Combined program to take advantage of that functionality.

In the upper left hand corner of the display, you'll see two letters, each followed by a number. The letter M represents the search Mode you are using. And the letter P represents the discrimination Pattern for that mode. The numbers behind M will be one of 1 - 10. 1 represents the factory Coin mode and, in my case, 6 represents my new Combined mode. The letter P will have either a 1 or 2 after it. This is the discrimination Pattern you want to implement with your search mode. I made my Pattern 2 in every one of my modes to be an open screen. I sometimes like to hear every sound available when I'm sorting things out. The detector starts up running the search mode it was in when you shut it off the last time. So when I go out to hunt, I turn it on, run the Auto NC and glance at the M and P in the display. If it says I am in M-1, representing Coin mode, and I want to hunt in the Combined mode I built, I simply press the user pad (soft programmable button) Now M1 should have changed to M6. If it says P2 and I want to run with more discrimination, I press the detect pad and it switches to Pattern 1. By the way, these are just the values I like to use. Any mode can be set to your preference. And either Pattern can be set with the amount of discrimination you want.

HH Randy

Digger said:
Don, the discrimination "tweaks" that I wanted have been incorporated into the finished product. :clapping: The main one I was after was to open up the conductive range a couple more clicks in the Coin Mode, through 46, for US silver dollars. But I do change some of the "factory" parameters to better reflect the sites I hunt and the techniques I use. To do this, I opened up the Coin Search mode and made a few changes to it........ I turned Recovery Fast ON, changed Target Separation to Ferrous - Coin, changed Pinpoint to Sizing, turned on Target Trace and Target Trace Pinpoint, changed my Auto Sens to +2, changed Pattern 2 to accept all values, set the Volume Gain and Threshold to my "comfort zone". I left the Tone ID as multiple tone conductive, as I like that mode when hunting in areas with lots of modern trash. When I was done making changes and leave the programming mode, it will ask you if you want to save the changes. If you say YES, it will implement the changes into the Coin search mode.

For hunting the more "rural areas", I wanted to make a new search mode for the Combined Tone ID with the same "parameters". To accomplish this, I simply pressed the menu pad, pulled up the modified Coin search mode I just built, changed the Tone ID to Combined and press the detect pad. I also resized the "bins" by lowering the ferrous line to 21 and changed the parameters of the conductive bins. You can also change the audio pitch of each "bin", if you have certain tones you hear better than others. After you are done, since you made a change to the program, it will once again ask you if you want to save the changes. Instead of saving it over the Coin Program, save it to one of the other Search modes that is availablle (6 - 10) That now becomes your Combined tone program and will be kept in that search mode slot (M6 on mine) to be used in future hunts. Once saved, press the soft programmable pad and set it for Previous Mode. And you're all set! You've modified your Coin mode to reflect "tweaks" for your style and sites. And you've built a new Combined program to take advantage of that functionality.

In the upper left hand corner of the display, you'll see two letters, each followed by a number. The letter M represents the search Mode you are using. And the letter P represents the discrimination Pattern for that mode. The numbers behind M will be one of 1 - 10. 1 represents the factory Coin mode and, in my case, 6 represents my new Combined mode. The letter P will have either a 1 or 2 after it. This is the discrimination Pattern you want to implement with your search mode. I made my Pattern 2 in every one of my modes to be an open screen. I sometimes like to hear every sound available when I'm sorting things out. The detector starts up running the search mode it was in when you shut it off the last time. So when I go out to hunt, I turn it on, run the Auto NC and glance at the M and P in the display. If it says I am in M-1, representing Coin mode, and I want to hunt in the Combined mode I built, I simply press the user pad (soft programmable button) Now M1 should have changed to M6. If it says P2 and I want to run with more discrimination, I press the detect pad and it switches to Pattern 1. By the way, these are just the values I like to use. Any mode can be set to your preference. And either Pattern can be set with the amount of discrimination you want.

HH Randy
Hi Randy i must say having only ever used the Excalibur 2 ( 4 years ) all this info reads to me so extremly complicated please tell me,ones i own the CTX 3030,the learning curve wont be to steep.Old dog new tricks and all :ausflag: thanks in advance.

The technology supporting the CTX 3030 can be whatever you make it. One can chose a preprogrammed "factory" mode and use it with great success. Auto Noise Cancel, the ground compensation of FBS and some well thought out programs allow for just that. "Turn on and go", if you will. After you've become more familiar with it's operation and learn how tweaking some factory settings can enhance your resultes, you will likely want to make a few changes in an effort to "fine tune" it for your style of hunting and the sites you hunt. HH Randy

P.S. Ain't no such thing as an old dog...... regardless of their age, all dogs have a desire to hunt!

Under preferences in Xchange 2, I am unfamiliar with the position formats?

DD.DDDDDD
DD.MM.MMMM
DD.MM.SS.S

What do they mean and which one is normally used?

The three types of GPS formats.

randy your reply is breathtaking thankyou so much for taking the time to write it i will read it another dozen or so times and then i think it will start making sense
again thanks and may i say to all of you out there HAPPY HUNTING because nothing will be safe if it gets under that coil hehehehe

Digger said:
The technology supporting the CTX 3030 can be whatever you make it. One can chose a preprogrammed "factory" mode and use it with great success. Auto Noise Cancel, the ground compensation of FBS and some well thought out programs allow for just that. "Turn on and go", if you will. After you've become more familiar with it's operation and learn how tweaking some factory settings can enhance your resultes, you will likely want to make a few changes in an effort to "fine tune" it for your style of hunting and the sites you hunt. HH Randy

P.S. Ain't no such thing as an old dog...... regardless of their age, all dogs have a desire to hunt!
Thanks mate!.......For me it will beach mode for quite a while till i get the hang of this machine.:beers: .

bcoop said:
I'm really looking forward in adjusting the CO tones to the CO values I want. I think it will be a benefit for sure and look forward in setting it up for beach hunting. If your not aware of it you can go into XChange and play around with it and get a feel for it and listen to the assigned CO and FE tones.

BCOOP

how do you get the tones up please thanks for your answer?????????? got it thanks WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPEEEEEEEEEEEE