Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xchange2 file that holds the finds data?

JoeinMemphis

Hi all,
I have red through a bunch of Xchange2 posts, but can't find what I am looking for.

I have a laptop that I used for all of my downloads from the CTX 3030. Unfortunately, the WIFI has recently given out on it and I can't sign in or see the finds plotted on Google Earth. I am wanting to download the latest version onto a new desktop computer, and swap whatever the file is that has all of my data from the laptop to the desktop, so I can continue without loosing my data. Does anyone know what that file is?

The software version on the laptop is: 1.6.9-1.0.40.
I also have my original disk if I have to install an older version to make the file swap.

Thank you for your help.
Joe

Thank you so much!! Going to give it a try now.

If you cant find where the mlf files hide, just d/l another file from Xchange2 and then click on 'show file in folder' at the bottom right of the screen(right click on the download tab to get there). From there, copy everything you want and put it on a thumb drive or something.

And of course the laptop has been working fine for years, and wouldn't boot up last night. Faught with it till almost midnight, including putting the hard drive into another laptop, no luck. Going to pick up a cable today to try and hook it up to the desktop as an external hard drive to see if I can get the file off of it that way :rage: :throw:
Joe

I installed Xchange2 in the new machine, found and removed the data file to install the copy from the laptop, and the laptop wouldn't boot up for me to get the replacement file :ranting:
Taking the HD to a computer store today for some guidance.
Joe

n/t