Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xchange2 software question

Roland58

Is there any way to delete a single entry from any of the files, folders in Xchange2 or the detector? Even after an individual entry is highlighted, i.e. a hunt program within a Collection, the Recycle bin or the detector, if the "trash can" is clicked the only choice is to delete the entire collection or folder and contents.

Using the chart on page 9 of the Help program, I am able to sort a file down to what I need to delete, but, doing so is time consuming and a pain the posterior. There should be a "Highlight, Right click and choose delete from the popup menu."

If someone knows of an easier way to delete an individual entry, besides all the shuffling, I would sure like to hear from you. Thanks.

In order to delete an item, select the item and drag it to the recycle folder.That's all there is to it.

idrelics,
Yes, that takes it from the given folder in which it used to reside and then it resides in the Recycle folder. I want to delete, get rid of, eliminate, not store, or be able to see this item. I am able to do so with some creative shuffling, but, it is not as easy as simply right clicking and selecting delete from a pop up menu. In the Recycle folder, if you highlight the item and click on the trash can, it will delete the entire Recycle folder. I was hoping for a way to completely delete a single item in one menu step.
It's not a big deal, just something that I wish they would have included in the software. If the ability is there, I can't find it.

If you highlight, drag, and drop a file/files from either the CTX or the FILE holding bin into the RECYCLE bin, an X will show on the RECYCLE bin warning you. Once you drop the file/files into the recycle bin, you will have a warning asking if you are sure that you want to permanently delete the selected item/items. If you enter yes, it or they are GONE. If you highlight, drag, and drop from a COLLECTION, into the RECYCLE bin, the files accumulate until you empty it. You are given a chance to retrieve a file, but isn't really a good place to manage files that you may want to keep. The FILE bin is the safe place for manipulating files. Then only drop files into the RECYCLE bin that you want gone. Yes, you are correct in the fact that you cannot highlight a file, right click, and then hit delete, to totally delete a file.

C&Rhunter,
I'll have to give that a shot, I hadn't noticed that "X" or the warning when putting something in the Recycle folder. It's possible that I haven't done it from the CTX or the File bin, as yet.
Yes, I am aware that the Recycle bin is not the best place to manage files you may want to recover, just like on the computer OS. I use the File folder and a Collection folder made for backups or files that I may wish to reuse.
Thanks a bunch for your response.....it was quite helpful. Just like the folks that have discussed possible improvements to the CTX, I think that is one improvement they could make to the Xchange2 software.....a good programmer shouldn't have a problem adding a right click menu with a delete function.

Much appreciation......thanks!

Roland, here are two screen shots of what I was referring to in the previous post. In the first pic, I have the CTX selected, the filter for FPs is selected, and I grabbed a random file to drop in the Recycle bin. The second pic is after I "dropped" the selected file into the Recycle bin. The screen will slightly "gray out" and have the Warning displayed in the upper portion of the map area. At this point if you click yes the file is deleted.............

C&RHunter,
Thanks a LOT! Your pics explained everything and I now know what I was doing differently......not using the filter. You have been most helpful and I extend great appreciation to you!

Something to remember about selecting and moving or deleting files etc., in XChange 2. When you click a file, mode or whatever, the associated area turns a light gray. If you have inadvertently clicked on multiple files and they are highlighted, all those that are highlighted gray will be moved, deleted, etc., not just the box with the red line around it. So always check to be sure that only the files you want to manipulate are highlighted. Just click on them again to de-select.

Yeah, I was aware of that, in fact, the software even shows multiple files being manipulated. But, thanks a bunch for making sure!!