Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

xp Deus 2 vs ctx3030

blazer351

I don't think the deus2 is any better then the 3030, maybe if all this hullabaloo is over we can get rational and give the 3030 the praise it deserves, I know how heavy the 3030 is, but at 86 years old I can still handle it for a good hour, and i know everybody hunts for 6 hours at a time, I don't and if I did I have a harness to help, but I get bored after a time, and rather relax and watch the waves for while, I'm sure I'll get "Oh my God I found a gold nugget buried at 6 ft with my deus 2" , but I just had to get that off my old bony chest, enjoy yourself with your new Deus 2s, I'm sure next year a new detector will show up and we can start this conversation again.

Lol right Don't know how many detectors you own but I own two it's all I need and one is a Deus 2 and my other is a Equinox...They find me lots of good stuff!
Mark

I don't think the deus2 is any better then the 3030, maybe if all this hullabaloo is over we can get rational and give the 3030 the praise it deserves, I know how heavy the 3030 is, but at 86 years old I can still handle it for a good hour, and i know everybody hunts for 6 hours at a time, I don't and if I did I have a harness to help, but I get bored after a time, and rather relax and watch the waves for while, I'm sure I'll get "Oh my God I found a gold nugget buried at 6 ft with my deus 2" , but I just had to get that off my old bony chest, enjoy yourself with your new Deus 2s, I'm sure next year a new detector will show up and we can start this conversation again.
86 !!?? and still swinging . . .God bless ya brother.!

My Mom just turned 86 yesterday, it’s great to see people in good health at that age! As far as machines go….different tools for different things and environments. It highly depends on what you’re looking for also, and how selective or not you want to be. If it works for YOU, as my CTX does for ME….at the end of the day that’s what really counts! Many machines these days are VERY capable, it’s a matter of finding the one that we enjoy using! That being said…the CTX for ME has been $#&@ UNREAL.

First the CTX and the whole XP lines are both great machines but they are two very different animals which IMO compliment each other better than any others. ALL of the XP lines are better than the CTX in iron and lighter and faster, but no machine id's better deeper than the CTX(well the etrac but it's dc'ed) As for the weight, the aerodynamics of the CTX are so good, I've never thought it overly heavy. The only reason I do the six hour digs only with the Deus is my terrible back which begins to ache fast in trashy spots if you have to wait for the 3030 to recover.

My Mom just turned 86 yesterday, it’s great to see people in good health at that age! As far as machines go….different tools for different things and environments. It highly depends on what you’re looking for also, and how selective or not you want to be. If it works for YOU, as my CTX does for ME….at the end of the day that’s what really counts! Many machines these days are VERY capable, it’s a matter of finding the one that we enjoy using! That being said…the CTX for ME has been $#&@ UNREAL.
Happy belated birthday to your mom.

Happy birthday to your mom, that’s a terrific age, God Bless

Happy Belated Birthday to Mom

I have both a ctx and a xp 2 with a nine inch coil they both are good but I will say the xp will out hunt a ctx in iron by a considerable margin
Now I'm confused, my yard is full of trash and the ctx shows me what is trash, and my xp Deus2 kind of shows me maybe trash, maybe I haven't mastered the xp yet but I'm willing to learn. Also my CTX shows me a picture of trash so I know it's trash, where the XP Deus2 doesn't, but the beat goes on.

You can rely on your detector at hand, . . . . pass on it . . . , or you can dig it to know for sure.

D2 is good at the beach!….It beats my Nox & Excalibur there. It’s much deeper!…. I’m saying that with full confidence!…..I haven’t given the D2 a try inland yet though but, I’m liking what I’ve been hearing about it though.

I would put my goldmax power up against the d1 or d2 over here on an ancient site and the nox for that matter.........and find just as much.I know people over here who have used a nox and then got rid of it...........some champion the deus and some the nox,i will stick with what i have and ignore the hype.😂

Who cares what others like if it works for you use it I find plenty with one detector and I own 2 and use my favorite first!
Mark