Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus - Airplane Travel

Digging Pitts

I'm a new Deus user (I've only had it a couple of months) I am going on a trip to Florida in a couple of days and I would really like to take my Deus with me. I am just wondering if this is safe. It seems like it might be a problem with the coil always on, and a lithium battery that I can't remove. I just don't want to get it taken, or have it cause any problems. Also, if you have traveled with the Deus, do you take it as a carry on or pack it in you luggage? These may have been question that have already been asked, if so let me know. Thank you all for your help!

Digging Pitts said:
I'm a new Deus user (I've only had it a couple of months) I am going on a trip to Florida in a couple of days and I would really like to take my Deus with me. I am just wondering if this is safe. It seems like it might be a problem with the coil always on, and a lithium battery that I can't remove. I just don't want to get it taken, or have it cause any problems. Also, if you have traveled with the Deus, do you take it as a carry on or pack it in you luggage? These may have been question that have already been asked, if so let me know. Thank you all for your help!

If you are staying at a Motel, why not express mail it to the Motel? Call the Motel and tell them to hold it for you. That's what I'd do.

I've taken mine to Hawaii, Florida, Chicago and a bunch of other places around the country.
Always packed it in my checked baggage with no problems.
A few of the things I've done...

Waited until I arrived before charging.
Don't know if would help keep the battery for bursting, but just my thoughts.

Put a piece of black electrical tap over the coil light.
This will help avoid concerns to it blinking.

I put my instruction manual on top of the packed Deus.
This is so if they check they will know it's a detector.

I also pad my remote and WS4's well so they don't get damaged.

Never had a problem and twice had my luggage inspected and repacked, although not very well.

Have a great trip and bunches of finds and fun...

I've taken mine in carry on in a small backpack and it scans right thru, no questions, I always take my manual in case they ask. I used electrical tape over the battery light.
I now store my 9" Deus in a Tesoro small detector bag. Its quilted, 9.5x23", and has carry handles. I plan to use it as my carryon detector bag for my next trip.

Mines been to England and back 3 times and other flights right in my Minelab Backpack. Never a question. Right in my carry on.

Just to share my experience.

I took my deus as carry-on (remote,disc & stem) through TSA with no issues.
More details; Domestic flight & TSA pre-check.

Mine has been through TSA at least a dozen times without questions. I do keep the controller and headphones on my carry on, but that's just for theft prevention. Metal detectors on aircraft might be more common then we realize..

A lot of the people in this forum have traveled with their Deus more than I have but this is what I did ...

My airline told me that NO Lithium batteries - regardless of how small - are allowed in the cargo hold of the aircraft - they are a fire hazard.
So I just put a wrap of black electrical tape around the coil light so it didn't attract attention and put the entire machine in a backpack as carry on luggage.

Good Luck on your trip !

Thanks everyone for the fantastic advice! I really appreciate it. I'll let everyone when I find something awesome! Best of luck to all!