Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus and Gold Bug Pro- 2 Barbers Old Park

robez509

Good evening y'all!

2 hour hunt after work.
Same park where we recently found V Nickle.

Soon as we got out of the car, the wife and her Fisher strike again.
She got faint dime signal with some depth, out pops a 1901 Barber.
I thought for sure it was the famous 1901s, but not this time.
With the surprise and excitement she had , i thought she found a gold coin or a Morgan Dollar.

Meanwhile, I was giving the Minelab Explorer Se w/Pro Coil a shot at this old park, with no luck.
I have been using the XP Deus so much that I had forgotten how heavy it is compared to the Deus.
Switching hands constantly to adjust to the weight and trying to decipher the audio, which sounds like the little android from the movie Star Wars:starwars:

With all the targets it was picking up, I had a difficult time pulling the trigger on what to dig. After an hour of this I went back to the car and grabbed my Deus.
The explorer is an excellent machine, I found many silvers with it, but now I have forgotten how to properly use it.

After almost an hour with the Deus and no more luck we called it a day, we were walking back to the car with the coils on the ground in a straight line, when I got a deep penny signal, dug it out and out pops a 41' Wheatie.
We search around and less than 2 feet from the Wheatie, I get a faint signal no vdi reading just good audio and it repeats. I miss pinpointing it and dig about 3 inches away from the target, was about to give up when the wife and her Fisher confirm the target is just a few inches off, I keep at it and out pops the 1899s Barber.

Sorry for the novel, but I tend to rant on.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Excellent finds - congrats !

Congrats on your wife's double barbers finds - got to love the Fishers & thanks for sharing your pictures and story with all of us. Wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing

Texas ED