Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus distributor has sold out and have informed us they won't be needing this forum any longer.

Guvner

Administrator
Staff member
We will fold this forum into another one or make it into a generic detector forum or turn if over to one of our other advertisers for their brand.

That is interesting.
Sold out like in:
No product in stock?
or
I sold the company to someone else, let them decide what to do?

Seems it would be a corporate decision that the cost of the forum sponsorship is more than the perceived value it generates in revenue , if I am understanding the OP correctly. Simple bean counting I suppose but how do you put a value on the exposure the forum provides?

I was unaware of how this forum is monetized. I assume the OP means Detector Electronics Corp. which handled XP Americas is the distributor which was sold and was sponsoring this forum? If so, this does not mean that XP is going out of business or no longer doing business in America. It simply means another distributor (metaldetector.com) is taking over the US distribution. So is it the defunct company which said they will no longer be sponsoring this forum or is it the new company which said they “won’t be needing this forum“?

I don't think it has anything to do with XP going out of business. Just Metaldetector.com was either bought out by another entity or the name was dissolved. No idea. Don't think they are going away. Warranties should be handled just fine I'd imagine and if not you know where any bad tales won't get the new owner any help cleaning them off... lol...

I assumed it was XP not the distributor that had this forum sponsored.
But not needing the forum and shutting it down doesn’t make any sense. I also assumed it was the users that had the forum open.
I always see users say for example” isn’t it time for a “x” forum” when a certain brand and model becomes popular enough.
So all the other forums of different brands and models are only open because a distributor or manufacturer requests and pays for it to be added?
I see Whites forums still displayed and they are out of business. Am I missing something

I assumed it was XP not the distributor that had this forum sponsored.
But not needing the forum and shutting it down doesn’t make any sense. I also assumed it was the users that had the forum open.
I always see users say for example” isn’t it time for a “x” forum” when a certain brand and model becomes popular enough.
So all the other forums of different brands and models are only open because a distributor or manufacturer requests and pays for it to be added?
I see Whites forums still displayed and they are out of business. Am I missing something
Yes, that was essentially my assumption (and confusion) too. I did call my old phone number for XP service for metaldetector.com and it is now answered as American Detector Distributors. The main phone line for metaldetector.com now says they are under new ownership and cannot respond at this time. This is essentially the same thing that happened when metaldetector.com took over American distribution and warranty coverage from Detector Electronics Corp. a couple months ago. I have to wonder why this distributor is so volatile, or such a hot commodity, that it changes ownership multiple times in a few months.

I just received a call back from American Detector Distributors. They are the ones now covering XP service in the US. If you have an XP a service issue, please call 1-800-933-2897. The lady with whom I spoke did not know anything about forums or sponsorship. She did mention somebody was taking over the old metaldetector.com website.

XP out of France used to sponsor the forum along with MetalDetector.com but not sure what happened to that. Probably some infighting somewhere. If you guys like a place to discuss things on Deus contact them and let them know you would like them to sponsor. I use the Deus more than any other detector in the Illinois fields that used to be fairs, schools, etc.

I just received a call back from American Detector Distributors. They are the ones now covering XP service in the US. If you have an XP a service issue, please call 1-800-933-2897. The lady with whom I spoke did not know anything about forums or sponsorship. She did mention somebody was taking over the old metaldetector.com website.
I sent my Deus 2 ws6 to the service center in Massachusetts, They received it on a Monday and they had it back to me in Ky on friday. Really fast turn around.
Had a new faceplate put on it the button's where feeling worn out. Very good service and quick.

I don't use facefag hate it! or twatter
Mark
Many people don't use it however a lot of platforms have closed down and had to go to that unfortunately I wasn't promoting it by the way I was just saying that there are a lot of metal detector pages as many as you want to look for they're there

Many people don't use it however a lot of platforms have closed down and had to go to that unfortunately I wasn't promoting it by the way I was just saying that there are a lot of metal detector pages as many as you want to look for they're there
Oh I understand sorry was not meaning to come across at your post just hate Facebook all of them in my opinion are anti American and I will not use them.
Mark

Yeah, I don't do Facebook, X (Twitter), or any of the other sites of the sort. I'm lucky just to have time to get on here and read some interesting topics related to the metal detectors I use, or environments I hunt, or mods, etc., and help others if they have a question I can answer.
I would think that the XP Forum would be one of the most important forums out of all that there are to choose from. I mean we have a "Views", a "GPS", a "Fossil" forum? Who the hell sponsors those forums, but we can't keep an XP Forum, that produces one of the best detectors out there? That just doesn't make any sense to me. I would think it is probably one of the top five on this site, besides the detector and accessories classifieds. 🤪