Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus is Killer on Silver

coinworld

Hello XP Deus Users-

I’ve only been using the XP Deus for about 15 months now since selling my Nox 800 but am very pleased with the depth and performance I am getting with this machine.
I dug my 2nd Liberty capped bust dime (1835) a few weeks ago where I dug my first capped Liberty capped dime (1834) last month. The funny thing this dime was a mere whisper at a good 12 inches in depth with no VDI at all. I was expecting another bullet or button-not my 2nd Liberty cap bust dime. I am using Deus fast 28 KHZ with the high frequency coil.
I am curious the settings you XP Deus users are using and are you getting the same depth I am getting here in Virginia. Happy Hunting all!

Attachments

• A44CD28A-3038-4AE9-9C6F-E64067C7A307.jpeg
    A44CD28A-3038-4AE9-9C6F-E64067C7A307.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 194
  • 6FDAA374-6B2C-4C36-9C6A-B17AA899B507.jpeg
    6FDAA374-6B2C-4C36-9C6A-B17AA899B507.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 209
I switch back and forth between the LF coil and the HF coil depending on where I am at. Why did you sell your equinox?

I switch back and forth between the LF coil and the HF coil depending on where I am at. Why did you sell your equinox?
Good question: in all honesty, I was finding more civil war relics, buttons, bullets and period coins with my XP Deus in a little over a year usage-then 2 years with the Nox 800. It was a no brainer for my digging conditions here in Virginia where I live and dig.

I just bought the HF elliptical and have found it super sensitive on small objects. Before that, I had only used the 9" and 11"x13" LF coils, which easily get coins at 10"+

Congrats on the dime! What kind of site/soil did it come out of? I mostly hunt old yards/parks here in Northern VA where the soil tends to be more compact than a farm field, say.

Real nice find I dug a 1835 capped bust 1/2 dime my first one with my Deus 3 years ago then a beautiful 1821 dime I also dug 2 more with my Nox lol so They both find well that's why I bought a second detector my new to me Deus.. What coil and settings are you using? Thanks
Mark

I just bought the HF elliptical and have found it super sensitive on small objects. Before that, I had only used the 9" and 11"x13" LF coils, which easily get coins at 10"+

Congrats on the dime! What kind of site/soil did it come out of? I mostly hunt old yards/parks here in Northern VA where the soil tends to be more compact than a farm field, say.

I actually dug the silver dime in PA-in highly mineralized ground.

I use the 11" X-35 most of the time. I have a GO TO program based off the HOT program in 5 tones for coins. I may gradually change it as I hunt depending on the site.
Probably the biggest thing I have learned about the Deus is pick a base program and the tones you like and stick with it. Slowly changing it as you go.
Never jump back and forth to full or 5 tones unless you have a ton of hours on the machine.

Fantastic feedback thanks guys.

Hello XP Deus Users-

I’ve only been using the XP Deus for about 15 months now since selling my Nox 800 but am very pleased with the depth and performance I am getting with this machine.
I dug my 2nd Liberty capped bust dime (1835) a few weeks ago where I dug my first capped Liberty capped dime (1834) last month. The funny thing this dime was a mere whisper at a good 12 inches in depth with no VDI at all. I was expecting another bullet or button-not my 2nd Liberty cap bust dime. I am using Deus fast 28 KHZ with the high frequency coil.
I am curious the settings you XP Deus users are using and are you getting the same depth I am getting here in Virginia. Happy Hunting all!
Congrats on the very old nice antique coins! You are doing great detecting work (FUN)! Ma

Hello XP Deus Users-

Congratulations on that beauty!
I have been using the 800 since it came out and I was able to get one, (long story there).
I do get tone and no VDI but when I dig you don’t know how far or where.
I have been thinking of switching to a Deus so I’ll be reading more posts here.
Tony

I love the xp deus 1, it is a real easy machine to work. I have found things at depths I could put the pin pointer into and it disappeared.

Congratulations on that beauty!
I have been using the 800 since it came out and I was able to get one, (long story there).
I do get tone and no VDI but when I dig you don’t know how far or where.
I have been thinking of switching to a Deus so I’ll be reading more posts here.
Tony
Tony, I went from my 800 to the ORX and have been super happy with it. New to me deus1 on the way as we speak!