Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP DEUS purchase advice

Foiled

Hi, I've looked around and cannot find what the least expensive Deus can do, what is the difference between the the little round module shown in pictures and the rectangle controller on the more expensive models, and are all models the same and do I need that? Headphones, can you use corded ones? Coil size, what is the best all arounder? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

My friend just bought a ws5 shipped for 1265.00 and the ws 4 was 40.00 cheaper. I have the ws 5 and like it. You can not customize your programs without the controller my advice is save your money till you buy a unit with the remote as the deus does not perform at its greatest potential in the pre set factory programs just my 2 cents/ the price I said above is with the remote and headphones.

what kind of hunting are you going to be doing the nine works a little better in trash but the eleven aint no slouch either. I like the ws 5 but others like the ws4 package the remote is a must imo.

Sorry about the double post, it didn't show up for about a half hour so I posted again. Thank you for the advice, I am ready to buy the best one, within reason, I just didn't know what one did over the other, I'd like the smaller coil I think for trash, I'd like to try it in the water too. I'm thinking the ws4 now that I read about them because I can use any headphones but with the 5 your sort of stuck using only those.

thats true and you can get the vance earmuffs with it but I would get the remote with it.

calabash digger said:
My friend just bought a ws5 shipped for 1265.00 and the ws 4 was 40.00 cheaper. I have the ws 5 and like it. You can not customize your programs without the controller my advice is save your money till you buy a unit with the remote as the deus does not perform at its greatest potential in the pre set factory programs just my 2 cents/ the price I said above is with the remote and headphones.

I guess I misunderstood, so does the remote have a headphone jack? I would just like to use lightweight headphones occasionally. Wired lightweight ones or earbuds would be fine, but if the ws 5 is only 40 bucks more I would get them./b]

I prefer the Ws4 headphones because the module slides off, then you can add a horseshoe adapter and use the other accessories.
Mount it onto your stem.
Use the wrist watch attachment.
Connect the FX02 lightweight headphones.

The Ws4 a d Ws5 also sound different if it's possible why not visit a local XP dealer and try them both.
I prefer the sound of the Ws4.

You can adjust programs and save them via the headphone menu. Features are slightly limited and you can't upgrade to a newer version unless you have an RC module.

Foiled said:
calabash digger said:

I guess I misunderstood, so does the remote have a headphone jack? I would just like to use lightweight headphones occasionally. Wired lightweight ones or earbuds would be fine, but if the ws 5 is only 40 bucks more I would get them./b]
it does have a head phone jack for the wired head phones. The ws5 or ws4 seems like Gary like the wss 4 headphones so it just whatever you like on that one. The price I said includes the wireless headphones and remote . I looked at ebay when I was gonna buy mine them I called a bunch of dealers and found a package with the wireless headphones for what I would have paid for the wired head phones on ebay. The packages on ebay with remote and wireless headphones are 1500.00 or so but they can be had for 1265.00 and the ws4 for 1225.00 everyday of the week.

The remote box is a must and has a jack for headphonesI have the WS5 package with the small headphones for plugging into the box. Love it, but haven't tried the WS4 package with other headphones. HH-Mark

If you can swing it, try to get a set of "Vance Muff's" for your Deus.
They were engineered solely for the Deus and as many will tell you - they are - by far the best sounding headphones available !

Good Luck !

this is such a toss up. i personally went with the 11" coil and ws5 headphones. i got a great deal on a used unit, so had the ws5 headphones. i've heard the ws4 are great on tones. i sought out the 11 inch coil in anticipation of a smaller coil for the Deus upcoming. we shall see. i can tell you that i have done very well in the trash with the 11inch, but cant say how that would compare with the 9.

imo the 9 is better in the trash but the 11 aint no shab either.

E-TRAC-OHIO said:
If you can swing it, try to get a set of "Vance Muff's" for your Deus.
They were engineered solely for the Deus and as many will tell you - they are - by far the best sounding headphones available !

Good Luck !

I went with the remote and WS4 back phones the got a pair of VANCE Muffs, they are awesome and Jeremy Vance was a pleasure to deal with, he went out of his way to ship them to me and explained everything in depth. He's got the best deals on the DEUS! He sent me the XP DEUS book too, I highly recommend the Sabisch book and Vance too.