Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xp ORX I’ding modern trash??

Tony-Ok

Thinking about getting ORX , most info seems to be relic related,and since I solely hunt private permissions (no-parks) , how well does the ORX identify pull tabs and modern trash??does it separate nickels , pull tabs with distinct numbers??? And does it give different numbers for pennies, dimes , nickel, quarters etc. I have been a coin hunter for forty years and know there is no best detector, ....... but there might be a better detector!!

I have been detecting since 1971. I have had many detectors looking for the one that is just right for me and my type of detecting. I do not use or own an ORX. I use a Deus. The two are quite alike, for what I read, with the ORX missing a few of the bells and whistles of the Deus. So, I will give my thoughts here. I am strictly a coin shooter. I hunt the very trashy parks. They are newer parks and are full of crown caps, screw caps, beaver tails, aluminum sports drink tops and the dreaded pull tabs and so much foil of all shapes and sizes it will make your head spin! There are many different designs of the pull tabs and some will come in exactly like a nickel but most will either come in a number or two above or below a nickel so you will not be able to always tell the difference between all pull tabs and nickels, no matter what detector you use, but remember that gold comes in here too. Pennies and dimes are so close together in size and weight that it is difficult to tell the difference between the two, and I find this to be true on all detectors. I dig all penny/dime signals. Quarters and halves are no problem at all telling what they are. Zinkers, hit very well on the Deus, but I notch out as well as clear down to just above nickels as that is where most of the trash is and in my trashy parks, cuts out a lot of noise that would work on my mind after a while. We all hunt a little differently and you might want to set up to not notch out zinkers if you have IH pennies in your area and you might want to hear more trash but that is the beauty of the Deus/ORX. Either is perfectly suited as a coin magnet. You hear people say they are not, but they are wrong. I wouldn't give my Deus up for any other detector. It's my go to detector and works exceptionally well in the trash and iron. I bet the ORX will do an outstanding job for you.