Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xterra 70 to Etrac

eek

I sold my Xterra 70 today and ordered from Richard a new Etrac...boy am I excited...believe it or not, the Xterra 70 found me lots of coins and silver, never gold, but it did a great job...so if the Etrac is half of what everyone is saying I am going to be a happy camper.
I am also looking forward to using the Etrac at the beach, love hunting the beach, but my Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and the heavy Trex scoop is about to wear these old arms out, looking for some descrimination to stop some of this digging...I love the Garrett
in the surf, but on the beach it is a killer. Anyway, just wanted to spread my excitement and ask one question.......does anyone us the SEF 6x9 butterfly coil???? do you like it and would you buy it again???/

Thanks everyone and may all your holes be filled with silver/gold and less than 4 inches deep,

eek

Congrats on the new Etrac.---You got it from one of our top Forum dealers also, Richard (Backwoods Detectors).-------The 6 X 8 SEF?----Sure that's a very good coil as is the Sunray X-8, both of them being very good medium size coils.-----I've owned/used them both & my experience with them in my mineralized soil is the 6 X 8 gives a tad bit better seperation than the X-8 and the X-8 goes a tad bit deeper than the 6 X 8.------According to my scales, the SEF is two ounces heavier than the Sunray (if weight is important to you).---You hardly notice the weight difference though.-----As I said, they are BOTH excellent medium size coils.--------Del

Thanks D&P, the soil here in Mobile, AL doesn't seem to be to bad and I don't think 2 oz. will make to much difference..I know that the Etrac is heavier than my Xterra is but I guess I will have to muscle up, or just take more breaks.

I am leaning to the SEF, but don't know why, maybe someelse will chime in and get me a little more confused.

Thanks,

eek

Congrats on the new Etrac. I has the same question a couple weeks back about the 6x8 coil. I already owned the X-8, but was curious about the 6x8. Basically the feedback I got wa you can't go wrong with either coil and since I had the X-8 there was no real justication to spend the money on the other. I used the X-8 on my Explorer for several years and had great success with it. I would use it in areas rafter using the stock coil that had a little more trash. Always would sniff out a few and the depth was always good. I don't think you will go wrong wither way.