Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

y'all interested in posting your favorite relic

huntcav65

it does not have to rare nor have a high value just your favorite. It could have been dug while hunting with a friend, it may have been given to you, it might have been your 1st relic

Lets see it, everybody has one

Richard

I have a lot of favorites but, This is my most favorite. It's a rare Confederate 4.62 caliber Selma Disc Sabot bolt. Ammunition for a rifled 12 lb smooth bore cannon. I know others have been found but, I've not seen one. I think Port Hudson and one other battle field. I don't remember which. The park rangers at Port Hudson said the cannon pictured is the very gun that fired it. I found it about 500 yards from where I'm sitting right now.

Keith

You certainly have bragging rights with that find Keith.

Neither one was found by me but both are cherished gifts. I built the display stand and I added the cannon as eye candy. The Schenkl was found by a friend of mine and my wife gave me the solid shot for Christmas.

[attachment 221940 display2.jpg]

I dont live by any battlfields but have made a couple of good finds. My best ever is this bugle hatpin in great condition. This is the only photo I have of it. The buttons are a lot newer.

The whistle was found this past New years Eve. I think it is Revolutionary war era military whistle. Im from Missouri and Missouri wasnt even a state in that era. Hard telling when it ended up here.

Nice pictures everyone...........

Huntcavv65. There were Union troops camping here, but no battles. I meant missouri wasnt a state during the Rev. war.

I dug this where they took the prisoners from Saylors Creek, you can see maybe 6" of the breech end of the barrell also

Thanks for looking

Richard

Beautiful display Larry. Thanks for sharing. Thats one nice schenkle shell. :beers: CCH

No, Richard that would be Keith Baur of Port Hudson Relics. I don't think he acually lives there though. Conneticut troops stayed there and left graffiti eched on the windows. It is the only house left at the town site of P.H.

I found this 100 pound Parrot Bolt very close to where Keith found that Selma. It was a CHORE to get it out of the ground and the woods.