Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yesterday and today digs

Antietamdigger

Detected my family’s farm yesterday in the rain and my bosses farm in the wind today and scored some cs lead. Between the emi and weather gpx was hitting it.

Attachments

• 7C0A1260-289B-4B58-A7D0-D15C45DD94B8.jpeg
    7C0A1260-289B-4B58-A7D0-D15C45DD94B8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 140
  • 83C2F303-B7E2-4574-B8D8-9ABDB94BD6B4.jpeg
    83C2F303-B7E2-4574-B8D8-9ABDB94BD6B4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 141
Nice stuff there AD! Is your emi caused by large powerlines? I've hunted under them w/Deus which caused a lot of
racket but the detector would still hit targets. An aside: I'm sure you've read about the old diggers pouches would
get so full and heavy w/minnies that they would just dump them out by a tree or whatever because they were looking
for plates and such. Pretty crazy. Them bullets do get heavy though. Great finds again!
HH okie

Thank you okie. This spot is definitely plagued with bad emi from high tension power lines, train tracks, normal power lines and fencers. It’s also pretty bad ground. It’s been hit hard by other diggers over the years and has had every machine ran over it through the years. I’ve found the gpx excels in my area for depth in these pounded sites, using any machine but the gpx is like swinging a stick. The gpx has got me 1,212 bullets this year in heavily hunted areas, and many amazing other finds at great depth. EMI just sucks with the gpx , it’s hard to find a machine that compares once you’ve spent a lot of time with it. I’ve always heard that to about the old timers dumping minnies and shell frags by trees and fence rows, that’s why I always check the field edges lol.

Didn't even think about fencers(don't pee on'em;)). I don't have a gpx but I believe every word you're saying about your
location! Carry on sir, you're doin it right!
HH okie

I like the different variety of bullets you got there. I’m like you with emi. One location I detect has a electric fence. My xterra 70 hated it. But my equinox I can tame it a little better. It stills picks it up but it is bareable. Congratulations on the nice lead.

Love that you found several different types... I need to start using my gpx in neutral soil here in LA.