Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yesterdays and Todays Dives with the Equinox 800

scubadetector

I have told folks OVER and OVER to move slow and dig carefully and you don't need gloves. I haven't been cut in years. Well today I could have used my own advice!
I used to have a lot of the bottom unburied in this spot. I could see my landmarks. With all the new muck and weeds that wasn't the case today. I was stirring up the muck and sweeping my hand through it to get a lot to move downstream. Remember the tower I showed pictures of in the past:

Picture was taken in the summer of 1917.

I USED to have all three legs unburied and I was able to see them. This tower foundation is in 9 foot of water now. One swipe of my hand through the muck and I hit one leg. I have a pretty deep gash in my right hand right now. Not deep enough for stitches I don't think but deep enough it isn't just a scratch. I threw my own advice out the door today. BE CAREFUL. Some of the landmarks I have unburied still are. That one unfortunately was not.

First dive found three rings, silver, brass and German silver and one wheat cent.

Second dive much better. 14K ring with black onyx and diamond. Initials AH carved in the black onyx. Next ring was a 1949 10K class ring and the last ring is a small Mason's ring which is also 10K. I got a high tone and dug what turned out to be a 1904 Barber dime and the whisper of a tone turned out to be the Masons ring in the same hole. A couple keys and another bath locker tag and a few other odds and ends. When we got out and I showed my dive partner my golds he saw the AH and had a good idea what they stood for when it came to me finding that many golds to his none. You all can probably guess without me telling you.

Anyway. I got a new set of headphones from Tony yesterday and was itching to get out and try them. They are louder and I can hear better. Still not as loud as I would like them but I am going to make the best of them. I talked to Minelab two days ago. I hope they will increase the top end volume also but will see.

I wish the toy boat was in better shape. This is the third one I have pulled out of there.

Because my hand was hurting and I couldn't do much with it but hold a detector, I decided why not? So off to some crystal clear water!! Yea right!

I did a lot of tinkering with the Equinox 800. First observation. For those of you that need numbers, FORGET THEM. I would be happy with no display, 50 tones and nothing else. Two of my dimes, 1 ring and a lot of other targets were so deep they gave a beep and absolutely no VID. Not unitll I dug pretty deep did I start getting a VID. Ok by me. I was digging anything that gave a sound.

One of those locker tags has the steel key fused to it. The other one not but it is attached. I have found them that way with the CZ's And the Tiger Sharks but these were pretty deep.

I still do not like how quiet it is diving with it. I really struggle sometimes to hear anything. I do have the threshold and target volume at max. I got more than one shoe eyelet but must have lost a couple. Chains are junk but they gave me signals and were also pretty deep.

Not a lot of finds but kept me occupied. Dimes are 1900 Barber and 1909 Barber and a 52 rosey. War nickel is a 1943 P. 1921 wheat and a 39 and 47 Jefferson nickel and a couple houses which were strange finds. Both are 1960. Top of a silver G man ring. I have only found aluminum ones before. I wish this one was complete. Three complete silver rings

Gold ring with ruby is 10K and a whopping .93 grams.

This thing really finds small pieces of foil deep also. Scoopers would have a blast chasing some of the targets I pulled up!

Thanks for looking.

Anybody ever drink Milwaukee Club Beer? I wish the Equinox had an overload signal. I dig everything anyway but would love to know if it is larger than a coin before I dig it.

"Scuba man, I love your Posts!

Yikes! That's an ugly gash and, judging by the really tainted condition of the metallic finds I'd say you should get a Tetanus shot immediately and...a few stitches possibly! (4 - 10)
That's sore looking. I've cut my hands thru the years usually on buried glass bottle necks that stay stubbornly stuck and pulling them causes the hand to slide and up therefore getting cut unexpectedly!
Go get that hand seen to"

Des D

great finds scuba! Keep that hand clean and dry, hope it doesnt get infected, that looks pretty bad. Maybe upgrade to some kevlar police gloves!

Update. hand is healing. I had some prescription antibiotic ointment I have been using on it. No infection. Going out today to have some more water therapy on it. I have to admit this Equinox does love small objects.

Nice finds SD.....My waterproof phones will be in soon. I have had some great luck with my EQ800, and I'm anxious to use it on the water.

Selling my Excal 800 soon, she's been good.

Owwwwwww, I dig without gloves too but may have to change my method !!!

hunt2day said:
Owwwwwww, I dig without gloves too but may have to change my method !!!

I still will dive without gloves. I just have to be careful like I tell everyone else to be. Not that hard to stay safe. Sometimes you forget the dangers when you are having a blast.