Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yesterdays Finds- Bullets and Large Rattlesnake

March 2nd Relic Hunt- Three Ringers, Tear Drop Bullet,Sharps carbine Bullet, watch piece, pewter button, one machined groove bullet, 3 fired revolver bullets, and a Large Rattlesnake. Not pictured- beat up ration and a hoe dug in a dump. Left them on a tree. Roman and I will dig out the dump and fire pit above on the next trip.

Heres a Pic of the Large Rattler that was way too close to ruining my day. I found a Three-Ringer close to him, looked to my right at another signal, and almost stepped on him to my left. I saw his Gold Head move and I jumped back. After that, I took a half hour break to lower my heart rate and get my legs back, they were like jelly. He has 12 buttons so hes been around awhile. Roman & I guessed his length at 5 feet. I think hes a Timber Rattler? I was not wearing my snake leggings, never again.
They go in the truck first.

I love those .36 St. Louis Arsenal teardrop bullets but I don't the rattler. Dead snake. :yikes:

Nice post of those minies & teardorp bullet. I would have let a bigger 'teardrop' go in my boxer's if I would have ran into that rattler... :rant: Seriously, that's why i usually dont wear headphones when relic hunting in the woods down here in hopes of hearing him before its too late. (Rattlesnakes, Copperheads & Cottonmouths to include Wild Pigs, Bear and Panthers). Keep on diggin it !

[size=large]ya don't say where you were that a rattler was out already. what part of the country?

HH[/size]

[size=large]made special note to self. AVOID MISSISSIPPI !!!