Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yesterday's "first" for me with the 3030...

It has probably happened in the past on several occasions but yesterday I noticed it! "It" being getting the coil over 3 targets at the same time and the detector IDing each one. I got a clad cent/iron tones and looked at the screen and sure enough as has happened so many times before, I had a target icon in the area of a clad cent and a target icon in the lower right where iron shows up. We have all seen that. But I hadn't gotten a signal in a while and decided to just check it out and observe everything on the screen and audio while rotating around the target area doing the Minelab wiggle. Suddenly the iron icon disappeared and a pull tab area icon appeared and the numbers changed to 12-22 and the tones also changed. I kept rotating and then the coin/pull tap changed to pull tab/iron and the numbers and audio followed suit. I rotated around that spot several times to make sure what I thought I was experiencing was actually true. Then I dug the plug and out came a memorial cent first, then a pull tab and then a piece of a nail. I have dug a coin with several nails before out of the same hole but this was the first time for this to happen. Maybe I just never really paid attention as I am normally only after the coin. This is one incredible detector. Does this happen all the time and I have just been in the dark? LOL Anyway, just thought I would share this as it was pretty cool in my opinion.

PCJ

Joe,

That IS cool. AMAZING how this machine is able to present such intricate ID information to a user! Impressive, on the part of the machine, and even more impressive that you were able to interpret, ahead of time, what was "down there," before you dug it!

Steve

Does this happen all the time and I have just been in the dark?

You would be in the dark if you only went by audio that's why there is a screen that provides more imfo than just audio target trace cursor placement and curser bounce will give more imfo .After all it is a visual and audio detector in one .

How's Joes hunting been going try anything new . sube

Randy Horton had said awhile ago that the CTX is a lot more of a “visual” detector...the thing is that many people who have detected for a long time don’t take the time to use the visual part. They’ve always had it drilled into their head to “just dig it up and see”. The CTX lets you detect INTELLIGENTLY on both levels,audio and visual. But it takes time like Joe did,to circle and look,listen,circle further,listen,look....quite honestly I think there’s levels to this machine that will only be understood years from now,at least by me. There might be a reason that SOB is so expensive after all.

I mostly use the CTX 3030 for beach and surf use and concentrate on gold rings. I just found my 5th for the year, yesterday. I have also done research on the relation between CO number and gold ring weight. Please note that when it comes to gold rings, it can appear anywhere along the CO axis; last year I found a 1.22g 14k and diamond channel ring at 12:02. Yesterday, I just found a 10.88g 14k Nugget ring with 1/4 ct center diamond that registered 12:22 in the surf (and 12:25 air test). Gold rings can appear anywhere along the CO axis and if you filter-out particular CO numbers you are also filtering out some gold rings. Using previously published data I have shown, for example, that if you filter-out from 12:15-22 because of pull-tabs and push-tabs, you would also filter-out 17% of gold rings. Food for thought.

IDXMonster said:
Randy Horton had said awhile ago that the CTX is a lot more of a “visual” detector...the thing is that many people who have detected for a long time don’t take the time to use the visual part. They’ve always had it drilled into their head to “just dig it up and see”. The CTX lets you detect INTELLIGENTLY on both levels,audio and visual. But it takes time like Joe did,to circle and look,listen,circle further,listen,look....quite honestly I think there’s levels to this machine that will only be understood years from now,at least by me. There might be a reason that SOB is so expensive after all.

You got that right!! I have screws in both ankles and my back. I equate my detecting time by how many holes I dig. The less trash I dig, the longer I can detect and the more treasures I find. I like the info the ctx gives me. Even though I may spend a little more time analyzing the target than if I just dug it, I can better determine if it worth digging. And I am getting a lot faster at analyzing the target almost to the point that it saves me time over digging it. If people would practice analyzing the target, they would get faster at it as well. With my feet and back being full of screws, I have no choice but to detect smarter, not harder. At the end of the day, I end up with more coins and have less aches and pains.

So I too am very impressed with this machines capabilities.

Although I've only been out 4 times with this 3030 since getting it, every hunt has produced at least one silver. The last two years I've been swinging the Etrac and really never saw the hype over my V3i that others swear by.

Yesterday hit a couple places and one popped quite a few deep coins. Including a couple wheaties, Indian & a Merc and about 2-3 dollars in clad. The most impressive thing is about 80%+ of the coins has other trash in the hole with it. This may be hard for some to believe but one clad dime had 5 nails or parts of nails in the bottom of the hole. while it still ID`s pretty perfectly in trash, the junk may not skew the FE or CO #'s I notice it does skew the depth. That I can most easily deal with.

Very impressed.

So I too am very impressed with this machines capabilities.

Although I've only been out 4 times with this 3030 since getting it, every hunt has produced at least one silver. The last two years I've been swinging the Etrac and really never saw the hype over my V3i that others swear by.

Yesterday hit a couple places and one popped quite a few deep coins. Including a couple wheaties, Indian & a Merc and about 2-3 dollars in clad. The most impressive thing is about 80%+ of the coins has other trash in the hole with it. This may be hard for some to believe but one clad dime had 5 nails or parts of nails in the bottom of the hole. while it still ID`s pretty perfectly in trash, the junk may not skew the FE or CO #'s I notice it does skew the depth. That I can most easily deal with.

Very impressed.

You must be impressed to double post Craig!:lol: I’m so glad to see you having success with it. I’ve seen the way you spend time analyzing a target and that really counts,like Halfstep reiterated. To get coins out of that mess we hunted is an achievement all on its own,to find multiples is just about a miracle. If you have confidence in what it’s telling you right out of the gate,it’s off to the races,no matter how slow and methodical that race may be. You may have to change that FF signature this year!