Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yet another Tejon ground-balancing question...

Skillet

Sometimes it's hard to find a patch of ground "clean" enough for GBing in the places I hunt.

Might it help to lower sensitivity closer to minimum and maybe get less interference from sub-surface trash while ground balancing, or does it matter?

Patiently Awaiting Wisdom
Skillet

Hey Skillet... Good to see you over here! Just got back today and missed hunting with you guys if you went on Saturday. I did hunt at my moms and found quite a bit of clad but nothing old...
catch you later, TonyTX :tesoro:

You can lower sensitivity - I'll walk to the fringe of the area trying to find a clean area, ground balance, then move back in to the area.
All metal - set threshold for reference point - ground balance.

Skillet, I sent ya a PM...:biggrin:

Snowy

Skillet
This may help you, i live in West Australia, use the Vaq.
Some areas here when i used to try and GB the Vaq, test the area first used to get metal signals everywhere, if your GB is way off the mark it used to happen a lot
The same area when you set the GB not a bleep clear as a bell.
Works good if you turn Sens down then GB, then turn up the Sens and check the GB.
As Monte once said, some areas cause the detector to overtune, when you lower the coil it goes silent to high off the ground,
Only thing you can do then is to turn the Sens down and GB the unit.
Hope ive not Bored you to Death
dave/Holey Dollar

As a last resort you can clean out an area a little bigger than the coil to GB in . An area that trashy is hard to hunt with any detector. Most likely you will have to turn down the sensitivity anyway and use a 5.75 coil.