Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yet another wildfire, although this one is closer to home.

Roscue2

My dads been living at his house for 5 yrs. Theres never been a wildfire that has gotten close.... until this week. The fire 15-20 miles away and is not really a threat due to its direction, but it is massive. It started on Wendsday, and by Friday evening it was at over 50,000 acres. Currently it is at 64,000, and is burning in very rugged area. Its about 20% contained.

I started watching the local news report live on friday at 5 pm, and the fire was climbing up the backside of a ridge. On the other side, in a valley is a town of about 6000. By 5;30 pm the fire was on top of the ridge. By 6 pm the fire was making its way down the ridge towards town. Thankfully, it changed direction and spared the town a short time later.

Unfortuantely, not every home was saved. Currently 86 have burned, and 56 outbuildings.

Everyone that has lived in the Sierra Nevada (or the West for that matter) understands the risk of wildfires, so its not shocking that this has happened. It was only a matter of time.

The wild fires are horrific. My cousin is 40 miles from it and please be careful. It's amazing how fast the fires can spread.