Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yippie Hot Dogs! NMDD!!!

KSDfisher77

Big Thanks goes out to Richard@Backwoods Detectors. Thanks again as this would not be possible otherwise. My new Equinox 900 showed up this morning & I cant wait to start swinging it. Might need some help from you professionals out there to help me out along the way. Thanks.
20230606_080708.jpg

Congrats! I like my 900 and I also bought it from Richard! He is an asset to our hobby! Now if the drought conditions would end so I could use it.. Good luck and happy hunting!!
:thumbup:
Same here Ted…. I have been trying to do some testing and detecting with the 900 Jim loaned me, but it is way to dry to dig deep holes….. been having fun finding lots of clad with it though it though!

Thanks for the replies. I'm curious if I should run the 6" or the coiltek 10x5 & go coin shoot with it in the park. Or go to 1 of many permissions on the old farm field homesteads & do some relic hunting. Maybe get lucky & stumble on to some old coins. Thanks.

I would stick with the stock coil for awhile and learn the detector.
Well I'm afraid if i take it to the city park with the 11" coil it might overwhelm a guy, because of all the can slaw, pull tabs, & bottle caps. I was thinking of running the smaller coil to work among all the trash to find the deeper coins.

Well I'm afraid if i take it to the city park with the 11" coil it might overwhelm a guy, because of all the can slaw, pull tabs, & bottle caps. I was thinking of running the smaller coil to work among all the trash to find the deeper coins.
Well, I am not familiar with where you are detecting and the amount of trash, but I have searched trashy areas with the stock coil and done well…what ever coil you decide to use, make sure not to swing too fast..even with the smaller coils it will make a difference in success in my opinion.

Well, I am not familiar with where you are detecting and the amount of trash, but I have searched trashy areas with the stock coil and done well…what ever coil you decide to use, make sure not to swing too fast..even with the smaller coils it will make a difference in success in my opinion.
Yeah I recently found that out yesterday when I was swinging the new Xterra Pro with the coiltek 10x5, that i was swinging a bit fast even for the recovery speed i was on. So today I'm going to go Low & Slow!!!

Quarters don’t even stand a chance against you even in piles of trash 😂

Congrats! I like my 900 and I also bought it from Richard! He is an asset to our hobby! Now if the drought conditions would end so I could use it.. Good luck and happy hunting!!
:thumbup:
Here you go Ted! This cordless jackhammer will get you back in the game 🫢

Attachments

• IMG_0951.jpeg
    IMG_0951.jpeg
    441.7 KB · Views: 68
Opinions will vary on this subject, but I feel it is best to just get out and learn the detector in the field.
From what little I have seen related to what is stated in some books, I do not agree with them.
I agree. I have seen some information that actually can harm the user’s results. For example, notching out certain numbers to reduce digging trash but in reality, this would cut out find certain nickels ( think V’s, Shield and Buffalo) and jewelry.

Took the Nox 900 for a hour or so spin, in the worse spot in the park. Running Park 1, I dont know what to say or think, other than I dug alot of can slaw & pop tops. Idk if I need a faster recovery rate or what yet. Also need to figure out what the iron bias setting does? I think I might need a small adjustment there as well.

If you have not already done so yet, I suggest you download or print the user manual and read it.
In short the iron bias helps in unmasking good targets close to ferrous items.
The lower the setting, the more falsing will occur over iron, but this will also unmask good targets.
I think the default in Park 1 is 6.
The scale is from 0-8 or 9.

If you have not already done so yet, I suggest you download or print the user manual and read it.
In short the iron bias helps in unmasking good targets close to ferrous items.
The lower the setting, the more falsing will occur over iron, but this will also unmask good targets.
I think the default in Park 1 is 6.
The scale is from 0-8 or 9.
I just got done printing the manual for the Nox 900. Now I got a hard copy. I'll look at the settings now & do some reading.

Well in the park that's what your gonna find. Even with a smaller coil.

I would just take the time and learn it.

I run mine like this

Field 1 all tones horse shoe on recovery speed in the stock setting to start with.

Noise cancel and take off.
I do not notch or use disc as I want to hear it all.