Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You are all invited.....

BootyHunter

To join "The Official Minelab Equinox users group" on Facebook. Got tired of the other so called Equinox groups which were actually Equinox haters. All that was on there was "it won't do this, it can't do that, the Deus is better" blah blah blah blah blah. So, this group is for the discussion of the EQUINOX, not a hate fest. It's also not a Minelab fanboy club either, I have and use Minelab, Garret, Whites and Tesoro detectors. They are tools in a tool box, I use what works for the job at hand. So it's for discussion good and bad of the Equinox, but not a group to "kill it in the crib" like the other so called user groups seem to be. So come on over if you're on Facebook and request to join the group! Thanks

amberjack said:
minelab couldn't run a pub chook raffle :buds:

AJ

Could be right there .

I am stuck . I had to leave Facebook a number of months ago without my permission LOL . Would otherwise .

greenmeanie said:
It's not official unless Minelab runs it themselves.

I hoped to chap some uptight @$$es with that title; mission accomplished!
It's as "official" as most other groups on Facebook. Thanks

BootyHunter said:
greenmeanie said:
It's not official unless Minelab runs it themselves.

I hoped to chap some uptight @$$es with that title; mission accomplished!
It's as "official" as most other groups on Facebook. Thanks

In addition, it's the Official users group. not the official Equinox group.

How many official users can there be for a detector that has not been released? Testers? I see that this forum will hit 3000 posts soon. Hype and speculation must have Minelab drooling.

So its for discussion...... good and BAD? But if it wont do this or wont do that ..... they are haters.... and i assume will be removed. Some of those UNKNOWNS will go away once its released......so right now we are all kind of beating around the good and bad BEFORE they put it on the street. That dont make them haters...... we just dont like repeated mistakes that dont get addressed during testing. We hope one or more of the testers read our comments.......and have an AWWW HAAAAA moment.

Dew

dewcon4414 said:
So its for discussion...... good and BAD? But if it wont do this or wont do that ..... they are haters.... and i assume will be removed. Some of those UNKNOWNS will go away once its released......so right now we are all kind of beating around the good and bad BEFORE they put it on the street. That dont make them haters...... we just dont like repeated mistakes that dont get addressed during testing. We hope one or more of the testers read our comments.......and have an AWWW HAAAAA moment.

Dew

There is a difference in “discussing” possible shortcomings and downright bashing a machine because of fear it will outshine your current model. Open discussion of possible shortcomings is welcome, but multiple deus users ganging up and ripping everything about the machine is not. I would expect that in a deus Users group and that’s fine, but I don’t join those groups as I don’t use a deus, so why so many deus users joining the equinox groups? Because they are scared to death that an $800 machine will outperform their $1200 machine, pure and simple. Discussion won’t be removed, hateful nonproven speculation will be. Questioning if it can or can’t do something is fine as no one really knows, but outright claiming it can’t or won’t without anything to back it up is just ridiculous. You beach guys are worried to death but the xterra and go find series will work in wet sand much better
than a deus or at series already, what makes you think the equinox won’t be a killer beach machine? Multi frequency should work great in that environment. Beating around the good and bad before it hits the street is understandable, but some of those groups are nothing more than trying to kill it in the crib and most of the users have no intentions of trying the equinox and they don’t want anyone else to either.

I hope it outshines all my detectors so I can flog em off and just have one :bouncy: but we all know that's not going to happen, it will find its place as all other detectors have before and after :biggrin:

as for how it does work one day in the future of discovery we might find out or die waiting :lmfao:

AJ

I find it ridiculous how many people enjoy joining groups with no purpose but to troll. I posted a thread here about that very thing recently. I joined several groups and left cause it was nothing useful nothing but a trillion reason why brand X is better than a machine no one has used and it was mostly the Deus crowd. They seem to feel the need to not only attack a yet released machine but they attack the poster of the thought or opinion. I would never join the FORD fan club as I don't own a FORD. If, I did join it would be for knowledge not childish attacks. I see a huge difference in posting concerns, ideas, thoughts good and bad. Then attacking and insulting people because your scared to death about another machine upstaging yours. I am an Admin on several pages related to this hobby and some have thousands of user the opinions good or bad will remain on those pages as long as its not just rude insulting trolling. I am sure this machine will have its issues and limits just as every machine before and every machine after. I joined this group that this thread is about and so far there is more "official" Minelab info then anywhere else I have looked and that's sad its a small group at this point. To address the official in the name well the word user implies its for them not the machine. Had it said "official Minelab Equinox page" Then yes that would require Minelab approval. To address the how can it be a user group with no machine??? Well here we are on the Equinox forum with thousands of posts and not a single machine in hand. There have been tons of preorders. So, if the speculated release date holds I hope to see a lot over at this new FB page sharing the good and bad.

BootyHunter said:
dewcon4414 said:

Dew

There is a difference in “discussing” possible shortcomings and downright bashing a machine because of fear it will outshine your current model. Open discussion of possible shortcomings is welcome, but multiple deus users ganging up and ripping everything about the machine is not. I would expect that in a deus Users group and that’s fine, but I don’t join those groups as I don’t use a deus, so why so many deus users joining the equinox groups? Because they are scared to death that an $800 machine will outperform their $1200 machine, pure and simple. Discussion won’t be removed, hateful nonproven speculation will be. Questioning if it can or can’t do something is fine as no one really knows, but outright claiming it can’t or won’t without anything to back it up is just ridiculous. You beach guys are worried to death but the xterra and go find series will work in wet sand much better
than a deus or at series already, what makes you think the equinox won’t be a killer beach machine? Multi frequency should work great in that environment. Beating around the good and bad before it hits the street is understandable, but some of those groups are nothing more than trying to kill it in the crib and most of the users have no intentions of trying the equinox and they don’t want anyone else to either.

Agreed about Deus users .
I just want as much info before i shed out £879 per machine , not $ .
As for the Deus ? YUK ! Tried and didn't like at all .
I think the Equinox will work but like so many just want to see it tested . Its more so we can just see it being used .
Minelab and others should not bring out a machine into the public eye unless its ready for the shops . Didn't happen with the ET in 2008 . But look what happened with the dodgy release of the CTX in 2012 !
I cant wait for the Equinox .:detecting:

I thought EVERYBODY was invited to the party, including users of any other detector, even Deus users. I think all of us are looking at the Equinox brochures and specs. Certainly there is a measure of competition with the release of the Equinox in Britain with all of the festivities in an area certainly seen as a stronghold of Deus users. Kind of that old challenge to a race. The new kid on the block is being touted as a pretty tough challenger. But the Race hasn’t started yet. Just the preliminary build up before hand.

Lots of talk and speculation increase interest and ticket sales. Look at all of the silly posts, the unfounded and wild speculation. The detector is still in the hands of field testers and there’s no announced release date. Yet there are hundreds of posts on a forum with no actual users.

All I can say is that I hope winter is a little Short this year so the forum doesn’t turn into a battlefield with detectorists with nowhere to go when they finally get their equinox in the mail.

Happy bench testing.

Rich

Rich (Utah) said:
I thought EVERYBODY was invited to the party, including users of any other detector, even Deus users. I think all of us are looking at the Equinox brochures and specs. Certainly there is a measure of competition with the release of the Equinox in Britain with all of the festivities in an area certainly seen as a stronghold of Deus users. Kind of that old challenge to a race. The new kid on the block is being touted as a pretty tough challenger. But the Race hasn’t started yet. Just the preliminary build up before hand.

Lots of talk and speculation increase interest and ticket sales. Look at all of the silly posts, the unfounded and wild speculation. The detector is still in the hands of field testers and there’s no announced release date. Yet there are hundreds of posts on a forum with no actual users.

All I can say is that I hope winter is a little Short this year so the forum doesn’t turn into a battlefield with detectorists with nowhere to go when they finally get their equinox in the mail.

Happy bench testing.

Rich

Yes , I never said deus users were not invited, I’m sure there are several on this forum. I said that the page I was referencing was not going to be a bash the equinox fest like some of the other “so called Equinox Users pages” on Facebook. I have nothing against the deus, I do have issue with those that are bashing the equinox purely because they don’t want it to be as good as or better than their deus.

BootyHunter said:
Yes , I never said deus users were not invited, I’m sure there are several on this forum. I said that the page I was referencing was not going to be a bash the equinox fest like some of the other “so called Equinox Users pages” on Facebook. I have nothing against the deus, I do have issue with those that are bashing the equinox purely because they don’t want it to be as good as or better than their deus.

May the winter pass quickly for all of us; even those XP Deus users. :blowup:

Rich -

Rich (Utah) said:
BootyHunter said:

May the winter pass quickly for all of us; even those XP Deus users. :blowup:

Rich -

:lol: