Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You can have only 1 detector and its a Tesoro, which?

If you had to limit yourself to only 1 detector and that one being a Tesoro because of the Liftetime Warranty and simplicity which unit would you choose for solid all around use?

As no single detector does it all then i cannot answer the question,you seem to ask all these questions but you dont mention which one you would choose,i am not brand loyal as such and i use the best machine for my various hunting conditions,this could be a ultra trashy roman site or a wide open pasture site that requires a deeper machine this could be PI and VLF machines,so hence this is why i cannot give a simple answer.

Right now I'm favoring either my Vaquero or my Modded Cibola. Both run smoothing and quietly in the discriminate mode, have good depth and are easy to swing.

tabman

Bandido II cause it has a uncanny ability at unmasking good targets out of thick iron.

Since you said lifetime warranty, that precludes some great older models (Eldorado µMax, Bandido II µMax and Silver Sabre µMax) if you are not the original owner. Of the current line up, probably the Vaquero. Haven't used a Tejon so can't comment on it.

Something with a manual ground balance.

well with those limitations, it would be the Vaquero

Does the vaquero have the same manual ground balance as the tejon? Other than the frequency shift and lower price what benefit does the vaquero have over the tejon?

Because I like water hunting my choice would have to be the Tiger Shark, it will go every where and in all weather.

i use a vaquero. on the kellyco site, go on tesoro brand, choose a model. click on it and when it comes up, under the photo of it there is a blue box that says, compare this detector. click on that. then you can compare it's features with just about any other one made. there is also an e-book titled, mastering the tesoro tejon and vaquero metal detectors. the author explains them each very well. there are you tube videos that explain a lot also. i got the vaquero back in april for my very first detector. i am pleased with it. have read that some have not been happy with it. i will say if you are looking to buy one, get the vaq.

Couldn't do it.
Maybe if I had a Tejon I might pick that one, but I only have experience with 2 models and they work so well together as a team to efficiently cover just about any site I couldn't even imagine not having both at my disposal.
The Vaquero and the Compadre.

Ive only had one , the Vaquero. Its acting up some and I may have to send it in. lifetime warranty is fantastic. If I bought another I think it would be the silver because of all the great reports I read about them. I hear the audio tone is better than the Vaqs. Id like to try one sometime.

Hatpin, if you have mild soil, you will not be disappointed with the Silver. The audio is distinctive and sweet.

My next? Another Tiger or a Deleon. The Deleon has the sweet audio of the Silver and is deeper. Or just maybe, a 10 x 12 for the Silver. Then again maybe a Sand Shark. Who knows for sure, but one thing I can guarantee you, it will say Tesoro on it.

NOT be a Tesoro simply due to a Lifetime Warranty.

☒ They don't make a model today that really appeals to me like the Bandido II µMAX or Eldorado µMAX.

☒ They don't make a 7" Concentric coil.

☒ They don't make a decent Target ID that has manual or automated Ground Balance to handle both an All Metal and Discriminate mode.

☒ No "Lifetime Warranty" on used units, and should the company fold or sell off, that wouldn't, or might not, be available ay longer.

If I limited myself to one detector today and just two search coils, it would be an MXT All-Pro w/6½" and 9" spider.

Fortunately we are not under such a restriction so I can tote my four reliable-performing detectors to handle most any need I encounter, and in that mix is one of my all-time favorite Tesoro's, a Bandido II µMAX. If I did have to cut to only 1 Tesoro, other than my Bandido II µMAX, my favorite all-application performer from Tesoro was the Eldorado, µMAX version, and I'd have to go shopping as they are difficult to find in decent condition.

Monte