Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You guys just about have me convinced...

onemore

I have been considering buying an E-Trac, but my SE has been performing so well, I want to make sure it's worth the $ to upgrade. I love deep target ID detecting, and enjoy pulling those deep coins around, in-between and under other targets (most areas around me have been hunted heavily, so all the easy stuff is gone).

As we all know, you never get 'em all. Walk over the same trashy spot in four directions and come away with something on each pass. Almost all of my trash in my pouch at the end of the day is iron, as almost every coin I dig these days has a piece of iron or other junk in the hole with it. Always feel I have to dig some iffy iron targets at depth just to ensure it is iron, cause sometimes it's iron plus coin. But I'd like to dig less iron. I ain't gettin' any younger...

The Minelab technology for target identification at depth is simply awesome. Combine that with the c-r-a-w-l swing, and... well, you know. I want to believe they get smarter with their programming and continue to refine the ID process. Is the E-Trac another enhancement in that direction? Sounds like maybe it is...

I really appreciate the information everyone is providing. I'm very close to placing an order...

Thanks

I had the SE for awhile and hit our local 125 year old park with a fair amount of finds, but soon it stopped producing just like the many other detectors before it. I've had the E-Trac a little over a month and it put new life back into my favorite hunting spots including the park. It seems far more stable(maybe the pro coil?) and target ID is better as well as the sounds.

I started with a Sov then the XS then the SE Pro then the E Trac I still have the SE Pro but it is nothing but a spare to me now.If you make this change you won't look back.There is almost no learning curve.The key is to realize its not an explorer....So put it in coin mode to start and go.Later you mess with the settings or not . Just the basic coin mode is outstanding.
I recently pulled a 1736 KG II copper from a pounded muster field at a solid 9 ".Don't get me wrong I loved my SE and was good with it for years but this is an upgrade. Runs smooth cirps less misses nothing feels better in your hand.That is all there is to it.