Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You wanna see some Luck?:lmfao:

mudpuppy

So I'm up at Odark, on the Forum and then at the Park! Already there was a bunch of cannies ransacking the place, so I figured it was a free for all...I raced one old guy to an unmolested trash can, kicked off the lid, pulled the bag, slung it over my back, in one fluid motion, I daintily pirouted and stiff armed the poor old cannie and dashed back to Rosie! Like some sort of strange Urban Santa Clause in shorts and flip flops! What a haul! 70 cans! Thats $7 easy dollars! I immediately drove home and dropped them off, and discovered some inconsiderate or illiterate B'tard put a bunch of food scraps in the bag that was clearly marked "CANS ONLY".:rant:.[attachment 315074 june20-15-3.jpg]..
Staying true to scrounger form, I microwaved the well soaked mess and took a tentative nibble, marinated in the backwash of 100 people, it was not that bad, very tasty in fact, had to be from the orange soda? Anyway, fully charged, I drove back and went in with the 70 and sniped up some fresh drops including a VISA Creditcard! WooHoo! If a fellow had nothing to loose, I suppose that would be considered the 'find of the day'?...Once the Wife gets up, I'll have her contact the person and tell them their card is safe and perhaps do a return? That one dirty Q was all of 5" deep...what the hell? One day a guy gets a surface silver, the next day has to drop down and work the probe for a deep clad?[attachment 315078 june20-15-1.jpg]
Then I headed on over to where I found that big wad of cash a few weeks back and found this fresh cool unattended chapeau, or skypiece if you will, nice faux crocodile bill, high end headgear! Probably cost $40, I'll get a dollar for it at the garage sale...which leads me to this wonderful sign!...I had to spin around and get a pic of that!.:lmfao:.[attachment 315079 june20-15-2.jpg][attachment 315080 june20-15.jpg]
By now it was getting nearly 8amish, and the Humans started crawling out of their dwellings and moving about...I stopped at the Stop 'N Rob and bought a brace of 3 dollar scratchoffs, a pack of smokes, and 4 25oz Budlights to carbo charge with medicinally, and lookie here! Both Winners for $13!..[attachment 315081 june20-15-4.jpg].

So lets do a bit of math...$1.49 clad, $7 in cans, $13 in scratchoffs = $21.49.....subtract $6.74 budlights, $6 scratchoffs, and $5.75 smokes, = $3 pure profit! 'course theres also the Hat, but it doesnt count until its sold, and all the nice marinated food scraps for the Wife to have for breakfast...All in all, I'd say I'm ahead for the day...oh snap! I burned at least a gallon of gas! So Im even! Maybe slightly behind! Better go back out..I shoulda run that VISA card at the gas pump! The security cam woulda seen some old nondescript guy in shorts and flipflops topping off a 2001 Chevy Prism, wearing a NY hat! Rudy Giuliani would have some explaining to do!:sadwalk::lmfao:
Mud

Hey Mud----What can we say? When your on a roll,,,,,,your on a roll. HMMMMmmmmmmmmmm, speaking of rolls, ya didn't happen to see any of them did ya Mud???------IB

I know right? I cant think about cinnamon rolls right now, its not even noon and I'm at least 3 sheets to the wind, drank all 100oz of those Buds and stumbling around like a foundered flounder!... just stepped out back to take a squirt in the pacysandras, the dog got in the way, but thats his problem.... although its only 55 degrees, theres a massive swarm of yellow jackets attacking my can pile! Hows a guy supposed to cash them in unstung under these circumstances?:lmfao:

You'd think they'd have the decency to let a guy have until noon? Sometimes cans are more trouble than worth...give me dirty clad anyday!

FWIW, the Wife isnt even up yet! That fresh Visa card is looking pretty appealing...I wonder if Bart at Big Boys would take it and ship me a new rig of somesort?? I need a nap...I'll cash those cans in super early tomorrow and go look for something along the way...maybe an all night hunt is in order?

Theres a big bike rally in town, and even though most of them are responsible adults, they are always good for a few dropped sheckels...I just wish those chained wallets would not be so popular with this demographic....give a guy a chance!
Mud

wish the cans round here were worth 10 cents, then the park wouldn't be full of can slaw :rage: when I was kid the bottles were cash used to raid the building sites for pocket money but that's all done now so parks just have them lay there :punch:

thought of you today Mud there was an unopened can of tuna I rolled it over and went I don't like that sort Mud :lmfao:

I know I am sick but yeah tuna been in the sun for how long nope cant eat that :unsure: and had a little giggle to myself and wished it was HoHo's :poke:

beach is good find towels , hats, and other fun things after everyone's gone home.

glad you had a fun day :clapping:

AJ

Towels are worth a lot of money!..Just one trip to 'Bed Bath and Bedamned' tells you what the street value is! I grab them all...on orders from my accountant who knows the value of these things!
A half case of HoHo's sound pretty good right now...
Mud

yep towels are good finds and I like my towels and yes don't like paying market value :ranting:

half case of HoHo's is that code for Bud :poke:

AJ

Mud if you keep posting like you are, the guys on the forum may think your a little or maybe big time strange, weird, a little off, wacky, loony, bizarre or just a daffy fellow. :rofl: Always enjoy your posts. :clapping: ......Z

Thanks guys...Yeah, I got into another nice big bag of cans this morning, cashed yesterdays and todays in for a handsome $16! In the scheme of things, they covered gas for the weekend...

Since I would be out hunting and driving around anyway, and they are there, I'll grab them, along with anything else abandoned that appears to have a value or is wearable or edible.....

It was a very weak clad haul this weekend...I've got these places picked so clean, its hard to find a penny! If it wasnt for that 41 Q, and the cans, I'd be way behind on ROI...Heck, for a few hours every morning, every little bit helps and I do enjoy the hunt immensely..! :thumbup:...Hope y'all got out and found something!
Mud