Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You wanted it and we did it - Concentric coil...

RG-DeepTech

Findmall Sponsor
You wanted it and we did it - 8" closed design Concentric coil for VistaX. Tomorrow information will be send to dealers.

concentric coil.jpg

RG ... Thank You .. Thank You .. Thank You!!!

On my Forums and most that I have visited for decades, I am, and have been, a big fan of Concentric coils and have begged (kindly asked) many manufacturers to please provide us with one or two good-working Concentric coils. This is some of the best new-product news I have heard in a long time. I 'Thank You' and I am sure others will join me with their appreciation as well.

Monte

I spoke to Richard@Backwoods Detectors. He is placing an order within the next week, I will have one coming soon.

First - big excuse for delay of my answers to your PM. Will answer to all soon.
Here little more information for the coil.
Тхose who visit our Facebook page and VistaX group in Facebook already saw this information.
Two days ago made very quick test on our test bed.
The soil on our test bed is by no means light.
So, I am pleased with the result. Here quick movie and little more information.
The coil is made from strong ABS plastic, with weight from 480 g, waterproof, this coil come to you with coil cover for free.
Price for EU is 120 Euro, what is about 126 USD.

Looks good. Thanks for the video.

Looks good. Thanks for the video.
Doesn't just "look good" in a general way, but it isn't thick, it lacks open holes to snag, and best yet is the rod-mount is in a proper position so the center-axis to pinpoint is right in front of the operating rod. Perfect!

Monte

Doesn't just "look good" in a general way, but it isn't thick, it lacks open holes to snag, and best yet is the rod-mount is in a proper position so the center-axis to pinpoint is right in front of the operating rod. Perfect!

Monte
Thank you, Monte :) In another one forum I read comment that would be good to be open design :) Due to the internal construction it's impossible, But we noticed something other too - because it is symmetrical, the coil is much more stable.
Meanwhile the first coil for USA is on its way. Will wait for the first opinion :)

Thank you, Monte :) In another one forum I read comment that would be good to be open design :) Due to the internal construction it's impossible, But we noticed something other too - because it is symmetrical, the coil is much more stable.
Meanwhile the first coil for USA is on its way. Will wait for the first opinion :)
RG, in over 57 years of detecting I have had the opportunity to own, or have been supplied with, a lot of search coils of various physical design. My larger-size search coils are all of the 'open' design which helps reduce the weight and feel. Large coils I seldom use unless on a beach or open plowed field, etcv. My mid-size coils are a mix with one 5X8 'open' and one 5X8 and a 5X10 'closed'. ALL of my smaller coils are solid or 'closed' design. The only 8" coil I have is on a Tesoro, and as most know they have the round hole in thee center. The thinking there was it would let someone see the ground where a target was pinpointed.

The problem with that design is that it eliminated a 'proper' positioning of the rod-mount. Thus, the rod-mount it farther back. The Deep-Tech design has it properly located for
better coil control, balance and feel.

I plan to get a new Vista X and both the small coil and new 8" coil. I do not use a Tesoro w/8" and only their 6" Concentric. Actually, I think I will get 2 Vista X units and keep the small coil ocn one and 8" Concentric on the other and retire sell that Tesoro.

I do not like to change coils on a detector but prefer to have a detector & coil combination at-the-ready and just grab what I need for a site encountered. The video you posted of the depth test was impressive for both the Vista X and 8" Concrntric coil. Much better depth and audio response than I get with other 8"coils.

Monte

The only 8" coil I have is on a Tesoro, and as most know they have the round hole in thee center. The thinking there was it would let someone see the ground where a target was pinpointed.

The problem with that design is that it eliminated a 'proper' positioning of the rod-mount. Thus, the rod-mount it farther back. The Deep-Tech design has it properly located for
better coil control, balance and feel.

Monte
Didn't know that the thinking was to let someone see the ground where a target was pinpointed :) As I remember White's also had design with the round hole in the center.
But our first goal was to get the coil well tuned. That's why I'm curious and will wait impatiently for the first tests in Virginia :)

RG, Thank you for making stability of the coil priority. Performance is what sets the Visa X apart from others. I hope some of that first USA shipment is 5 pin.

Richard at Backwoods Detectors will order it for me. Does the shipment you referred to include some 5 pin coils?

Yes, White's made a larger-size 950 which was slightly over 9.5" in diameter. Your 8" coil looks great to me and doesn't need a hole in the middle. It ought to work well in areas that are over-grown, and places that have stiffer short weeds that might be a few inches high,

I think you haveve given many of us who want a Concentroc coil just what we need.👍

Monte, and again ... Thank You