Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You would think this is a political issue with so much negativity, LOL

jtalley007

Come one guys, let's get some feedback first. Granted it will be a high end machine but any of us that love Minelab technology but dislike their packaging are very interested.

I have been using explorers since they came out and loved that it is a great coin, relic and beach hunter just hated the weight and cheap construction.

I have always loved the idea of a waterproof explorer and hope this is one step better.

If it will replace an Excalibur and one or two land machines and is priced within reason I would consider buying one and I have not bought a new minelab in years.

I have a wall full of detectors and if it will replace 2-4 of them that is good enough for me and if a person were to buy a new excalibur and say and e-trac they would be 3/4 the way their if not all the way there in price and have a way better overall machine in my opinion.

Now for the newbee to start out and shell out that kind of money I agree that will be a hard pill to swallow but for some of us that have been detecting for 20-30 years and already have a lot tied up in detectors it will be a sideways move up by thinning the herd.

I must be the only one that is excited to see it?

Jerry

No, I am excited to see it even though I swing Fishers. I have a lot of questions. How deep will it go in the water (how deep can a diver take it), interchangable coils hopefully, price, Some of the features are a bit much for me. Like the GPS. But it will be interesting to see if its a fresh water small gold magnet.

gogogopher (troll) is the only one running around making a stink about this and any other minelab. Everyone else seems very interested in at least what it can do, even if they can't afford it.

Looking at the limited material that is available and posted officially (discounting the 100's of rumors and speculations), a few points to address your questions seem to be there . . . .

1) The depth rating is 10 feet or 3 meters which is the same as the Garrett AT-Pro which is not intended to be used for diving or even snorkeling . . . . . it's a depth rating intended to cover rain showers, splashing water and say chest deep wading although others will likely wait to see if anyone has issues wading with water getting into the electronics / meter housing.

2) Does not appear to have interchangeable coils - the 11 inch DD is what is shown and with the exception of the Garrett models, other water units tend to be hard wired to avoid another leak path. Minelab stopped working on Excaliburs and installing the headphone plug a few years ago.

3) Since it is a variation of FBS (FBS 2 which likely means a faster processor), the sensitivity to small gold will likely not be any better than the current herd of FBS detectors which struggle to see chains and other small pieces of low conductive metal. The larger rings are easily detected at depth but FBS is not known as being very hot on smaller gold targets.

But in the end, users will provide feedback on how it performs under a wide range of conditions in short order - good or bad - once they start shipping.

Andy

Andy, I wonder with the 2D feature where it sees the target from two angles. would there be a way to shorten the distance of the two directions, in a sense, narrowing the coil size, field wise???

Hmmmmm...So folks with common sense are trolls these days....Well, I am one proud troll then...If I painted a dial a pretty shade of fushia and told you it can make your detector find more gold, would you give me $5000 for it?
When the day ends it is about how well you know your machine, How deep it will detect, and how well it can separate trash from finds...I do not need all that extra stuff...Like I said...I hope your in a target rich environment...I just cannot justify the cost.

HH,

Jason is right.....I've seen enough negative remarks from that troll today about Minelabs. For a guy that despises them soo much he sure posts alot of remarks on Minelab forums. I will never own a Minelab he says. Thats a good thing for the rest of us.

Andy - You can see the cable at the front of the unit just a little, just like with an E-Trac. That would sure be interesting if you couldn't change coils! If that is the case, then it most surely hints at another machine due to come out where you could change coils. Would be much easier to just have a machine that one could change coils on, then users of the E-Trac, Explorer, etc. Could upgrade. If the AT Pro can have interchangeable coils and have the same depth rating, I see no reason why the CTX3030 couldn't...

I think if the coils are changeable the bigger question is, can you use other coils e.g E-Tracs on the CTX. I think the answer is no as on the CTX3030 coil, you can see CTX11 on it.

Albert

Your not the only one excited about it Jerry!! Trust me on that one.

Van

I'm so excited!!!! I WILL have one too! I cant wait for the this machine to hit the market! This month is going to draaaag onnnnnn.... :/ With them going on sale the 28th I wonder when the dealers will have them?

As for the people being negative... What the #@!$ do you have to be negative about.. No one here has actually used this machine,or knows whats its capable of. This is a exciting time for us. New products are being produced with them only getting better and better! If you dont like what this machine doesn't have to offer.. Then dont purchase it!

Anyhow... I cant wait to get this bad boy in my hands! Everything about it looks SWEET :)

GoGoGopher said:
Hmmmmm...So folks with common sense are trolls these days....Well, I am one proud troll then...If I painted a dial a pretty shade of fushia and told you it can make your detector find more gold, would you give me $5000 for it?
When the day ends it is about how well you know your machine, How deep it will detect, and how well it can separate trash from finds...I do not need all that extra stuff...Like I said...I hope your in a target rich environment...I just cannot justify the cost.

HH,
GGG I think it just the thought that a high tech company has just announced a new detector, the last several of their machines have been tops, tech that none of the others have, I know I own several different high ends. And before they have even finished getting all the info out and even showing what it is capable of you slam the heck out of it.. Every forum has a brand hater, whether its because they don't want to spend the extra cash, don't have the extra cash, had a lemon from a past detector, or just heard a bad review... most of the time it's members who never had or used one..or owned one from 8 years ago and is still judging its performance and the company's against machines being built today.
I think everyone is curious, and are wanting info.. honestly when they do release the rest of the info, i think a lot of the haters/bashers will have to eat some crow.. Again I think that's the reason.. People get sick of hearing it how bad it is when that person has no technical or hands on knowledge..If your not wanting to step up and spend money for a new addition to technology that's fine. You have stated that in more than 3 threads.. We get it..

It's easy to get angry over things like this depending on how you feel. I think some people, probably me included, really want this machine but resent the probability that Minelab will put it well beyond my means with whatever price tag they put on it so then we resent them, the machine and then we use negativity to justify our resentment. It's not just this machine, but any machine priced out of reach that we would love to have and by that rationale, love to hate. Some just resent that any machine over X dollar amount must be bad just b/c it's not affordable to them. Is the Etrac a bad machine b/c it costs $1,500? No, there are quite a few people who are very happy with it. Is the Tesoro Compadre an awful machine b/c it only costs $160? No, it's a great little detector and I never hear a bad word said about it but it's pretty much within everyone's reach money wise whereas the Etrac is not. Okay, thank you Dr. Phil! That said, lets wait and see what it will cost and in the mean time, sell some things we don't need and save our pennies. When the CTX comes out and if we cannot afford it, then we can keep saving up or we can take our hard earned money elsewhere.