Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Your thoughts on the Lowrance iway 250?

JOE in MD

I only use my hand held Garmin 60CSX in the woods and LOVE it. I'm thinking about getting a GPS for my truck. I will only be using it once in awhile and Staples has this unit on sale until the 4/21/07 for $199. It also has a MP3 payler and can store photos in it. I would appreciate any info as I'm not into GPS all that much.
Thanks
JOE in MD

I don't have any experience with Lowrance road navigators yet, their handhelds are so good that, if I could get any iWay for under $200, I'd do it in a flash. Worst case scenario, I'd return it to the store but, somehow I doubt that I would... Darn, I wish that Canadian Staples had that deal!

Is it really that good a deal? Sure looks nice.

Thanks... Guvner..

Andrew,
I look on this forum alot,but only post when I need some info about something. I have seen you give advice before some I figured you would help me out. I am going out tomorrow to buy one. I'll post in a near future how it is.
Thanks again Andrew
JOE in MD

Well I went out and bought one. Not being a GPS guru, this thing is pretty simple and for less than 200 bucks it does what I need and than some( stores pictures and it's an MP3 player). I been toying with it to get familiar with it. I did notice that on some routes it take a different way than I would(knowing the area),but for the most part it's worth the 200 bucks. Thanks
JOE in MD

Thanks for the update.
Regarding unit suggesting a different update than you would take; This is perfectly normal and even expected. You have the local knowledge. You know that certain roads are actually better than others even that they are of the same category and that certain streets / roads of lower category may be actually better than others of higher category so, you will take shortcuts or avoid certain sections of roads. All that the electronic navigator has to go by is classification of the roads and streets. For each class and road section it has average speeds and it will do math based on that. Personally I found that in many cases I know a better route but sometimes, it's the navigator which actually knows better!

Can anyone tell me what this one does and doesn't do?

Thanks..

Guvner..

Had mine for 2 weeks and I think it's the best deal out there. I like it because it goes on my car's dash and I can pop it out and use it for a hand held. I mark my TH'ing spots on it. It works great. Unfortunately my wife liked it too. I can't get it out of her car now. I drove from Georgetown TX up to American Detector sales by Dallas to pick up my new Explorer SE last week and it told me turn by turn all the way there and took me right to their door. Sweet! The European accent lady's voice sounds nice!!! I got mine at Academy for $199. Be sure and do the system update to it on the Internet. Just takes a few minutes via USB...GET ONE!...Dickie

Have you or anyone else had any problems with navigation? Do the directions come through your car speakers if you go up the the 350c?

Thanks,

Guvner..