Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

01/40... just a note

jbow

I was checking some stuff and a zinc time fuse adapter from a 20# parrot shell also reads 01/40. Being a little larger than a dollar you might think it to be trash if you swing over one...

it isn't.

I found some pics online from when I found it but there is nothing in the pics for reference, so... it is about as big around as a half dollar and about 2 inches long and threaded. I guess the 10# version would hit about the same. I found it with a Tejon.
[attachment 107320 fuesadapter.jpg]
[attachment 107321 fuseadapter2.jpg]

Also...

I rearranged all the numbers that Jim posted and the one I had into numerical order beginning with the ferrous numbers below 10, the 11, 12, 13, and 14. Then in each of those I put the conductive in numerical order. I do not have excell but my wife does at work. If anyone is interested I can try to put them in some sort of spreadsheet. Having them in numerical order makes it easy to look at and learn, plus it makes an easy cheat sheet. Most of the non ferrous trash seems to fall between conductive 15 and 23. Good stuff at 24 and 25 and then everything that is 28 and above. Of course that includes a lot of trash i'm sure but when adapted to particular sites...

I am interested to know how much iron is hitting 46 and 47 for you. A lot reads 50. I have not paid as much attention to the conductive numbers when I am pretty sure I am hitting iron, when the ferrous number is above 30. I'll start to make notes.

Julien