Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

06-03-12

dave5710

[attachment 234560 06-03-12.JPG]

I didn't hear/read of any activities, going on this weekend, so I set off solo, in search of great treasure. Surprisingly I actually found one sweet little keeper, along with a couple dollars worth of clad. It is a dime and no mint mark darn it.

Well poop, it is an 1892, I has got to practice editing and posting pics. It is pretty sharp, some wear on the liberty headband.

You have 30 minutes to edit your post Dave, the edit button is in the lower left corner. After 30 minutes the edit button goes away.

Congratulations on the Barber Dave...:clapping:

Congrats on the Barber Dime Dave. :cheers: I have never found one of those. :surrender:

That is the funny thing about this location. I have been hunting it for 9 years. Saturday I took the Vision to this location, to try some new settings. I noticed that I wasn't finding any buried coins, every coin I found was on the surface, down in the roots and dead clippings, but on the surface. So Sunday I took both the Vision and the T-2 to this location. I hunted with the T-2, and marked every target that sounded halfway deep, with one of those empty candy containers that I put coins in while hunting. They are bright colors so they are easily seen. Then I fired up the V, rechecked all the markers, and dug all the targets. I was so focused on seeing whether I was having trouble with the detectors that I was super surprised when I saw the coin was silver, let along a Barber. I work a grid on that area, every year at least once a year. I just think that my go to T-2, has lost some punch over the years, and my back-up T-2, which I have been using lately, is deeper because it is working the way it is suppose to.

I sure wish we would get a nice long slow soaking rain. Trying to come up with places to hunt is getting tough. Might have to brave the heat and skitters and return to the woods.