Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1/8th to 1/4 adapter issues

sunraysux

anyone else had issues with this??
i have gotten decent gold plated adapters to allow me to use good 1/4 inch jack headphones in my NOX....and also to hook up my Zlynx wireless transponder to go wireless.....and it does not work!!
the 1/8 inch jack appears to be the same in every way as the Minelab earphones that came with the NOX
industry standard in every way....but it does not work!!!
it is not an issue with the NOX....nor the headphones at all
have verified the adapter...the headphones on other equipment and it is smooth sailing....
the only issue is with putting them into the NOX!
HELP!!!
please

This topic has been discussed to death and there are lots of different opinions, so here is mine. I have tried lots of different adaptors the only satisfactory one is the Minelab IMO. Now the headphones, to have a quarter inch set to plug directly into the back of the detector thru the minelab adaptor I use sunray pro golds with the 3 position switch. Any ctx compatible headphones should work as I think you might have issues with the sunrays :shrug:
Jeff

thanks for the reply Jeff
i am new to the NOX world so i didn't know that this horse has been beaten to death already//sorry
reading your answer and thinking on it for a bit....it does seem as if M/L built in some sort of "hitch" on the female side of the jack making other types of adapters useless....would have been nice to know this before i spent a bunch of wasted $$ on trying to fix things.....this crap really agitates the hell out of me
but this is the way of the world today
appreciate your answer though

I feel your pain, we went thru this with the ctx finding compatibility. The eight inch proprietary connector just adds a new twist, but I understand trying to cram a quarter inch connector into the small control housing not to mention the waterproofing issues. I am happy with their overall waterproofing as the have had minimal issues that I have seen. No apology necessary about the dead horse issue I am happy to help with any sincere question.

Jeff

You could purchase a rx/tx low latency 4.2 tranceiver online and use it with whatever headphones you want... might need a small amp inbetween.
That way zero risk for water intrusion through the headphone jack.
Sold my EQ but it may not be compatible with low impedance (under 150 ohms) - especially those that are 8 ohms.
My CTX choked on Koss Pro 4A’s for example.
You could try placing a 150 ohms resistor across the hot audio and ground pins of a plug and see if it gets detected. The EQ may be looking for lower resistance to indicate a connect. You then could just wire a fixed resistor across your phones plug and it should work.
The EQ may have the shield ground plus audio ground and hot in the jack. Just have to play around until you figure it out.

no disrespect intended....but you lost me
i am not a tech wiz nor an electronics guy per se.....
i'm a finance guy so your explanation made my hair hurt! lol
all i want to do is plug stuff in and have it work.....
i am the mayor of Simpleton when it comes to this stuff........sort of why i dig the NOX as much as i do.....very plug and play :)
....wish i understood the meaning putting a small amp in between and some of the other jargon....
appreciate the thoughts however!!