Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10 Silver Day!! 2 Gold Rings!! 39 Wheats!! Just Like Old Times...

captn_se

Hello My Friends!!

Yesterday was quite a detecting day for me. It felt like old times, that is, park hunting for me 2-3 years ago. :razz:

I went back to the park I was at last week, thinking no way I could even come close to last weeks finds: I was happily very wrong. The ground was just as dry as last time, but the 5-8" signals were all over the place, and very near some of my older plugs. :rolleyes: Someone with a medium line detector must have pillaged all the 60's and 70's coinage, along with the easier silver signals out of this park. I haven't dug one Rosie out of 17 different pieces of silver found in two hunts. The ground is not too trashy at this park (I've been to much trashier parks), so the deeper hits are easier to distinguish, and I was able to accomplish something I've only done about 4-5 times before: finding two pieces of the same silver coin in two separate digs!! :super: That's what happened when I found the first piece of Merc at around 7". I had a real assurance that I'd find the second piece, and sure enough, within about 2 minutes and 8 feet in front of the first half, I dug the second. I was still digging one wheat after another (all of them are mostly 20's-40's coins), and managed to find more than I did on last week's hunt there. Three wheat penny signals turned out to be something different. One was the '16 S (my heart skipped when I saw there was a mintmark), and the other was the ornate sterling earring. It's amazing how I manage to recover that earring with little damage from very hard ground at around 7". I knew it was silver as soon as I saw it. The third wheatie signal was a piece of a sterling bracelet, which has the owner's initials in script writing.

A first for me that hasn't happened very often in the turf was managing to find two gold rings. I wanted to see if I could find any buffalo nickels, so I started to dig nickel/pulltab signals that were solid sounding. I couldn't believe my first pulltab signal turned out to be the 10K woman's band. It was only 4" deep. After that, I started digging more low conductor signals....no more than a couple minutes had passed when I dug the 14Kt (plumb) ring with 5 diamonds(tested real) about 7' from the previous ring! :yo: I couldn't believe it. Well, after digging about a dozen more pulltabs, I finally got my no-date buffalo, and was starting to tire from the heat and the 70-80+ plugs from the day's hunt. My return trip to this park far exceeded my expectations, and I think I will be digging a few more low conductors from now on.. :detecting:

Thanks for looking!
Keep The Passion High!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Dan,
That was one fine day of detecting. Those rings are really nice, I would dig a few dozen tabs to get a ring like one of those. Thanks for the help as well, much appreciated.

Hope you brought along a change of shorts my friend:clapping:

That is AWESOME..and I'm STOKED for you.:thumbup:

Congrats on all the silver...wheaties...and other goodies.

Even more congrats on feeling stronger and better each day:thumbup:

I've been detecting in a treeless area of the park, about the length of a football field, but only half the width of one.

Lots of ground, lots of good, deep signals to dig....just hard as hell digging for them.

Thanks, guys!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Thats some pretty good depth in that hard of ground. We have some much minerals and stuff we need a little moisture to get down there. Keep it up you are doing fantastic. Im glad im not hunting with you LOL, youd be killing me.

Dew

Unbelievable...I have dug 100's of pulltab/nickle signals this year w/o 1 piece of gold.....WTG!

That is an awesome hunt captn! Makes me fired up and ready to go! I am glad you are feeling better.. My hat is off to you... The only low tones I dig are 10 inches plus... I usually dig about 5 pull tabs and get all :veryangry: off lol Keep them coming!

Congratulations on a very fine hunt Dan! Appreciate the story and the pictures!

NebTrac

Very nice finds Dan....:clapping:
Finding the "other" half of that Merc dime is
something that doesn't happen very often. :)
BTW...it does pay every now and then to dig the
lower tone targets....you have 2 perfectly beautiful
reasons why in your picture. Congrats on the gold
rings and the Buffalo. HH Gold Nuggets :wiggle:

Super duper diggings................some very nice finds, especially with the silver and GOLD.............WTG. Hawkeye Jim.

n/t

That's a great MONTH - let alone a great day - outstanding job Dan !