Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

103 Degree heat, buttons and Snakes..

Gonehunting

Even though it was hotter than 9 dollar cook stove, I just had to get back out there.. I moved next to where I have been finding the other relics and this spot was producing more..
First 10 or 12 targets were lead then my first button.
aFCda.jpg

Then about 20 minutes after that I was taking a water break and was about to lean up against a tree and heard scratching.. I had less than manly reaction...It's too stinkin hot to run like that.. :rofl:
sfhZ3.jpg

It took me a second to compose myself to take the picture.. he was longer than I was tall by at least a foot.(I'm six foot). I've seen long chicken snakes but this dude was huge...
I did manage another Dragoon and a ringtail and a few other finds before I came home...
RBF9Z.jpg

B7pa9.jpg

thanks for looking...
GH..

Those are some great finds GH. Nice snake too! Won't be long before the leaves are gone and cooler weather that makes for more comfortable hunting. May have to take your deer rifle along with the CTX. Good luck and don't forget about them yellowjackets. Keep posting. HH :minelab:

Thanks hersey... there are paper wasps all over that bottom area..

[size=x-large]I do not do snakes[/size] ... :rofl:

Nice snake! I didn't know pythons lived in Georgia. I hate snakes that crawl up trees. Who looks in the trees for snakes?

Another great hunt!
Congrats,
Bunker

You don't have to worry about giving out the coordance for this area with snakes that big in there!!!! :nono:
sure nice finds though.

pspr said:
Nice snake! I didn't know pythons lived in Georgia. I hate snakes that crawl up trees. Who looks in the trees for snakes?
lol I didn't either but I am in Oklahoma....

Gonehunting said:
pspr said:
lol I didn't either but I am in Oklahoma....
Oklahoma!? I was wondering why Bart would drive to Georgia to go hunting with you. :rofl: Now it all makes sense.

lol... Yeah when I started finding those buttons I guess people assume I'm in the east but no..lol

Nice story and nice finds :) where exactly were you hunting. I do NOT want to go there I want to MAKE SURE I DON"T get near that place lol thanks again for sharing
:)

If you have snakes like that in those woods I will not come and hunt there. :twodetecting: And yes some nice finds.

Evan - That looks like a Boa or Python, can't quite make it out. How long was she and what state are you in? I heard they are becoming a problem in some states, eating native animals up and such.

Wow!

Albert

Ems that is a chicken snake and it was well over 6 foot long.. Its tail was on the ground and it was quite a bit long than me.(im six foot). It was about as big around as a baseball.. Southeastern Oklahoma.. I have killed several getting into the chicken coup when I was a kid but never was one that long or big..

Yes, Evan is in Oklahoma and that is why the age of his relic finds are so amazing to me. He is finding pre civil war military relics in Oklahoma. There were just a few forts established in Oklahoma in the early to mid 1800's. Congrats Evan on some more great finds.

Randy

I've looked for civil war battle sites and camp sites in north Texas and can't find much. Seems there might be a few in east Texas but not much NW of Dallas. I guess the Chisolm Trail is just west of here and east of Ft. Worth. Maybe I'll see if I can find more research on that. I'm not sure if Evan has done any research on the trail through Oklahoma.

I wish we had snakes like that in Ohio. That is awesome!

n/t