Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10x5 is being shipped

jayhop

My coiltek 10x5 is on the way.
It's been on order since 2/2.
It is from a sponsor but I won't say who.
I will definitely give a report as soon as possible.

My coiltek 10x5 is on the way.
It's been on order since 2/2.
It is from a sponsor but I won't say who.
I will definitely give a report as soon as possible.
Glad for you. 5 months is way to long to wait for an item you paid for in full upfront. Good luck and hope the coil works out for you.

Just got the 10x5.
I went to my test garden with the 11in coil to test my 10 1/2 to 11in coins.
As usual I got detectable signals on each. Also as normal the signals were not good in all directions.
I came inside and put the 10x5 on.
I was really surprised, the 10x5 was able to detect the coins. The signals were not as good as with the 11in coil but the coil did report a decent response.
The dime gave the weakest signal, some with ID and some without.
I was using Park 1, Sensitivity 25.
I switched to Park 2 and the signals were much better but as normal IDs were lower numbers.
Park 1 jacks up the numbers on the deeper coins.
I haven't done separation test yet. The mosquitoes are terrible here.
As I always say these are my results in my ground, I am really impressed with the first test.
I think this coil is a winner. It's not as deep as the 11in but it's really close. If it separates any better it will definitely be a keeper.

Is there much of a weight savings over the 11" ? thanks.
I really didn't pay the weight that much attention. I will check it out farther this afternoon. It did seem really small though.
I will give more details later.

How are the coil ears? better than the stock coil?
Mark

How are the coil ears? better than the stock coil?
Mark
They have a different shape but really didn't look a lot thicker.
I'll try to take some measurements and post some pictures.
I did measure the two coils last night but that was it. 9.5 vs 10.5 between coiltek and minelab.
It's a small coil, can't believe the depth it gets. Really close to the minelab 11in. IMO

Is there much of a weight savings over the 11" ? thanks.
I just put the 10x5 on one 800 and the 11in on the other, in my opinion there is a very noticeable difference in weight.
I still can't believe the depth the 10x5 is getting. It's hitting 10+ inch coins
20210630_203551.jpg
20210630_203551.jpg
. I hate to post that because some have said it's not supposed to go that deep.
The downside is I just did a few quick separation tests with a nickel and 3 square nails. I really didn't see any difference. That's the same results I got with the minelab 6 inch coil. But the coiltek is much deeper.
As for the ears they don't look any thicker than the minelab to me.

Heard that Coiltek can't get enough components for the 10x5' coil and that's why they are running behind. Might be a wait.

I just put the 10x5 on one 800 and the 11in on the other, in my opinion there is a very noticeable difference in weight.
I still can't believe the depth the 10x5 is getting. It's hitting 10+ inch coinsView attachment 16990View attachment 16990. I hate to post that because some have said it's not supposed to go that deep.
The downside is I just did a few quick separation tests with a nickel and 3 square nails. I really didn't see any difference. That's the same results I got with the minelab 6 inch coil. But the coiltek is much deeper.
As for the ears they don't look any thicker than the minelab to me.
I hope over time you will see a bit better separation in trashy iron areas. Also, I look forward to your updates.

Finally got one. Went out for a hunt this morning for 1 1/2 hours with the Coiltek 10x 6"coil. First impression lighter than I expected. I agree with Jayhop about the depth being equal to, or a little deeper than the 6' minelab round. Will give it the water test in the next few days. Over all pleased. Was easy to install, and sounds and ID numbers are pretty close to the 6' minelab coil.

I'm not real impressed with 10x5 after one hunt with it. I know one hunt is not enough to tell anything just saying I was not impressed. It definately falses on iron worse than the 11" does with a F2-0 setting. I was getting fooled on iron that never fools me with the 11". You could make almost anything sound diggable with the Coiltek. That's tough to do with the 11". Iorn Bias will probably have to be bumped up to be tolerable. How much I'm not sure yet. I don't care what anybody says in my dirt it's not as deep as the 11". My thoughts are 2"-3" less deep. I always get some kind of deep beeps with the 11". I didn't get nothing over 5" deep with the 10x5. Also in Park2 the 10x5 seemed to pull the numbers down 2-3 points.

I'm not real impressed with 10x5 after one hunt with it. I know one hunt is not enough to tell anything just saying I was not impressed. It definately falses on iron worse than the 11" does with a F2-0 setting. I was getting fooled on iron that never fools me with the 11". You could make almost anything sound diggable with the Coiltek. That's tough to do with the 11". Iorn Bias will probably have to be bumped up to be tolerable. How much I'm not sure yet. I don't care what anybody says in my dirt it's not as deep as the 11". My thoughts are 2"-3" less deep. I always get some kind of deep beeps with the 11". I didn't get nothing over 5" deep with the 10x5. Also in Park2 the 10x5 seemed to pull the numbers down 2-3 points
I'm not real impressed with 10x5 after one hunt with it. I know one hunt is not enough to tell anything just saying I was not impressed. It definately falses on iron worse than the 11" does with a F2-0 setting. I was getting fooled on iron that never fools me with the 11". You could make almost anything sound diggable with the Coiltek. That's tough to do with the 11". Iorn Bias will probably have to be bumped up to be tolerable. How much I'm not sure yet. I don't care what anybody says in my dirt it's not as deep as the 11". My thoughts are 2"-3" less deep. I always get some kind of deep beeps with the 11". I didn't get nothing over 5" deep with the 10x5. Also in Park2 the 10x5 seemed to pull the numbers down 2-3 points.
Soil here is not too bad. Also, do a lot of beach and water hunting. In the field it seemed pretty honest with t's tones and VIDs. I just turn on and go pretty much in multi and I'm happy with the depth and overall performance. Can see how adverse soil may be a problem with depth. Hope you have better luck, next hunt out.

Went out again same place for 1 hour and hit a lot of signals. Our soil is pretty good here so this 10 x 6" does well. For me it's a keeper.

It is never going to be as deep at the Nox stock coil. The width of the coil if the big factor in depth.

It is never going to be as deep at the Nox stock coil. The width of the coil if the big factor in depth.
I think that's a given. But it is a nice in between coil with decent depth and gives a little more coverage than 6". Also lighter and sleeker than the 11' coil.

I think that's a given. But it is a nice in between coil with decent depth and gives a little more coverage than 6". Also lighter and sleeker than the 11' coil.
agree. I used the 5x8" coil on my AT Pro and loved it. I hunt civil war relics in urban Atlanta along creeks overgrown weeds and small trees. The nox stock does not do the job and don't care much for my nox 6" coil. I an thinking the coiltek 10 x5 will be just perfect. Much lighter for me means longer hunts and less arm fatique. able to swing in tighter areas. I suspect it will be my goto coil. Sure hope so. Thinking about getting a carbon shaft if that will lower the weight of the detector and is worth the cost.

I like the 6' minelab coil too. Trying to see which is better for water hunting as well as field and park areas. So far they both stand up well. Each does a little better at certain things but over all like and use them both to make sure no targets are missed.