Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

12/17 & 12/21:detecting:

terrywl

I have not gotten out much lately due to house projects, but I woke up at 0430 yesterday, knew I was not going to get any more sleep and hit the beach. I was there at 0520, just after an average low tide of .2 and by 0530 I had a few coins and a target that I was pretty sure was going to be a pop top. It was not the cleanest signal, kind of scratchy and broken. I took a big scoop of sand, checked the hole and the signal was gone so it was in the scoop, right? Nope, scoop was empty, oops a faint signal still in the sand one direction only and not on every pass. Another scoop and this time it came up. Even in the dark I could see the sparkle. It felt good in my hand. Into my pocket and wait for the sun to get a better look at it. I wandered from the wet sand to the dry and this time a clean tone that I was sure was a pop top. It was grey light by now and an easy scoop and another ring! Silver colored, 12/17 #'s, platinum right? Wait a minute, too light for platinum. Titanium. Dang. I took the gold ring to a jewelers. Just over 2 carets total weight of diamonds and 9.9 grams of 14K and 18K gold. Appraised at $4726. I just love our tourists!

That made your morning......hell that would make my year. :cheers:

WOW! Forget the house projects--after a morning like that I'd be concentrating my efforts on beach hunting. Incredible finds! Congratulations and thanks for posting.

Congratulations on some very nice finds Terry! Appreciate the story and the pictures too!

NebTrac

Very nice ! :beers: