Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

15" coil for the T2

So nobody on this site owns a 15" coil for the T2? just asking.

if you’re speaking of the teknetics 15” coil It’s pretty heavy. My buddy has one and says after a short time of swinging it it’s like swinging a manhole cover But it’s a deep none the less.

if you’re speaking of the teknetics 15” coil It’s pretty heavy. My buddy has one and says after a short time of swinging it it’s like swinging a manhole cover But it’s a deep none the less.
It sure is cheap enough, 85.00. I have searched youtube and can't find hardly any videos about it's weight and how it performs in the field. Thanks for your input.

According to Walmart, the coil weight is 2.5 lbs.
They must have made a pile of those. They have been on sale for a long time, and now they are all the way down to 85 bucks. Used to be about 250 when they first came out.
I have a 15" Coiltek of similar design to the T2 coil and it weighs 2 1/4 lbs.

Last edited:
According to Walmart, the coil weight is 2.5 lbs.
They must have made a pile of those. They have been on sale for a long time, and now they are all the way down to 85 bucks. Used to be about 250 when they first came out.
I have a 15" Coiltek of similar design to the T2 coil and it weighs 2 1/4 lbs.
Man that's heavy! I read the weight was 1lb. So tell me, how bad is it swinging the Coiltek coil?

Man that's heavy! I read the weight was 1lb. So tell me, how bad is it swinging the Coiltek coil?
I haven't swung the coiltek. It was for my Excal and I never did the coil Mod. 1 pound for that size coil is false information. I think the standard 11 inch coils are probably a pound. I have the Cors Cannon 14.5x10.5 for my T2 and its not too bad to swing. It weighs about 1 1/2 pounds.

I called Teknetics today they said the 15"coil weighed 1.8 lbs. It took awhile for them to answer this question which seemed kinda strange to me.

I called Teknetics today they said the 15"coil weighed 1.8 lbs. It took awhile for them to answer this question which seemed kinda strange to me.
Thats about 1 lb 13 oz. Could be the weight without a coil cover. The cover would add another 6 ounces.

Thats about 1 lb 13 oz. Could be the weight without a coil cover. The cover would add another 6 ounces.
I'm probably going to buy one, $85.00 is cheap for a coil of this size + another 20.00 for the coil cover. It will be good for relic hunting in the woods and in fields. I probably won't use it much but I'll have it if I need it.

That is really cheap. I'm tempted to get one as well. I'll probably skip the coil cover.
I might do the same thing, I have coil covers on all my coils but the covers are all still in great shape, it's not like I'm wearing through them.

I think they are built pretty good to not have a cover. The big coils don't get used as much either. Not having the cover will reduce the weight, especially when debris gets stuck in between.

I have the 15"DD coil. It goes deep. However I prefer my CORS Strike (same as NEL Tornado) coil. It weighs less and goes just as deep as the 15"DD.