Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

15" coiltek on it's all way.

I purchase all three and got mine today. Still in the plastic but will try them out this week end. The 15 I purchase for the beach may be a couple months on that one. But will be trying 5 X10 and the 9 X 14 this week end.
Great. Hope that means things will speed up in the process.

I purchase all three and got mine today. Still in the plastic but will try them out this week end. The 15 I purchase for the beach may be a couple months on that one. But will be trying 5 X10 and the 9 X 14 this week end.
How in the heck did you and Dan get them so fast? Let us know what you think after use. Thx

How in the heck did you and Dan get them so fast? Let us know what you think after use. Thx
What I did was as soon as I saw the ad for the coils I called my dealer and told him I wanted all three and sent the money for all three as soon as they gave the price. So I was top of the list. My dealer only got six total and he had many more order. So they did not complete his order.

Does the Coiltek have better ears that the Minelab ones that break?

Nice coil test the coil ears also☺
Mark

Yes they are. The Coiltek ears are also longer front to back. No one knows yet how they will hold up. I am taking that bet.

What I did was as soon as I saw the ad for the coils I called my dealer and told him I wanted all three and sent the money for all three as soon as they gave the price. So I was top of the list. My dealer only got six total and he had many more order. So they did not complete his order.
My dealer only got 1 one 15" coil. That was almost a month ago. Also my dealer says that Coiltek will not give an estimate of when the next round of coils will be released. Pretty sad.

My dealer only got 1 one 15" coil. That was almost a month ago. Also my dealer says that Coiltek will not give an estimate of when the next round of coils will be released. Pretty sad.
If i had ordered the 15 I'm pretty sure I would have canceled it based on the few reviews I've seen.
I have the 10x5 on order because I've tried the minelab 6 in. and didn't like it.
But it does look like they could give us some idea.

If i had ordered the 15 I'm pretty sure I would have canceled it based on the few reviews I've seen.
I have the 10x5 on order because I've tried the minelab 6 in. and didn't like it.
But it does look like they could give us some idea.
Saw one youtube video comparing Minelab 6" round and the Coiltek 10x5". This demo was for gold detecting. The Minelab 6' has the sweet spot in the center of the coil. The Coiltek 10x5" has the sweet spot at the front tip. That video liked the Coiltek better for gold detecting. They did not address coin or jewelry hunting. I'm also waiting for the 10x5" Coiltek coil. I have the 6' Minelab and do like it very much. Just always looking for an angle or an improvement.

Its the vaccine distribution plan

Coiltek website - where to buy:

Australia/NZ has 18 dealers

US/CAN has 24

Florida has 2

At this rate I will be unable to swing the new coils by the time they arrive.

I guess a little suffering is good for the soil.

Saw one youtube video comparing Minelab 6" round and the Coiltek 10x5". This demo was for gold detecting. The Minelab 6' has the sweet spot in the center of the coil. The Coiltek 10x5" has the sweet spot at the front tip. That video liked the Coiltek better for gold detecting. They did not address coin or jewelry hunting. I'm also waiting for the 10x5" Coiltek coil. I have the 6' Minelab and do like it very much. Just always looking for an angle or an improvement.
The 6in coil itself I did like. But it was really the performance I didn't care for. The performance wasn't bad for the coil size as far as depth.
But in the test I did against the 11in coil I saw absolutely no difference in separation. I know that doesn't make sense but that's the way it was for me. I've also heard the same thing from a few other people.
But it is a super nice coil to swing.

The 6in coil itself I did like. But it was really the performance I didn't care for. The performance wasn't bad for the coil size as far as depth.
But in the test I did against the 11in coil I saw absolutely no difference in separation. I know that doesn't make sense but that's the way it was for me. I've also heard the same thing from a few other people.
Yes it either works for you or it doesn't. A lot depend on what you hunt also. Well maybe the Coiltek 10x5" will do the trick for us both. (When we get them.)

But in the test I did against the 11in coil I saw absolutely no difference in separation. I read about this all the time i can tell you that the 15 x 12 minelab coil well separate just as well as the 11 do a test 3 coins 2 inches apart they all separate at 2 inches above the coins FACT so why use the 11.
The 6 has it's place just as the 11 and 12 x 15 the 6 is for heavy trash ever get a perfect hit on the 11 and turn and it says iron turn more and says pull-tab turn some more and it says coin and turn a little more and it says iron again the screen is displaying all types of ids well are you going to dig.
Whats going on you say well the center bar is where the coil gets its id if the tail or the front of the bar is on another target well the id changes . So now we try to see if it's round how can we tell if it's a nail falsing if we run into another target trying to see if its longer signal one way than the other CAN"T TELL now when we pinpoint and have 2 targets under the bar which one well it pick if it picks the nail or pull-tab which is under the center bar are you going to dig.
So as what happens above pick your coil wisely all coils have there pluses and negatives as for the 5 x 10 coiltec coil the stock 6 inch coil well be deeper and separate better than this coil but the coiltec well separate side to side better but as above you loose the separation end to end can't have both .:thumbup: sube

But in the test I did against the 11in coil I saw absolutely no difference in separation. I read about this all the time i can tell you that the 15 x 12 minelab coil well separate just as well as the 11 do a test 3 coins 2 inches apart they all separate at 2 inches above the coins FACT so why use the 11.
The 6 has it's place just as the 11 and 12 x 15 the 6 is for heavy trash ever get a perfect hit on the 11 and turn and it says iron turn more and says pull-tab turn some more and it says coin and turn a little more and it says iron again the screen is displaying all types of ids well are you going to dig.
Whats going on you say well the center bar is where the coil gets its id if the tail or the front of the bar is on another target well the id changes . So now we try to see if it's round how can we tell if it's a nail falsing if we run into another target trying to see if its longer signal one way than the other CAN"T TELL now when we pinpoint and have 2 targets under the bar which one well it pick if it picks the nail or pull-tab which is under the center bar are you going to dig.
So as what happens above pick your coil wisely all coils have there pluses and negatives as for the 5 x 10 coiltec coil the stock 6 inch coil well be deeper and separate better than this coil but the coiltec well separate side to side better but as above you loose the separation end to end can't have both .:thumbup: sube
Yep.
My 11" coil broke today. That hurts, really didn't think it would happen to me. I'm very careful.

Sube, good explanation. Thanks for testing these coils.
Tony

I saw an interview Coiltek did with a metal detecting podcast and he basically said if you squeeze the 10x5 coil into a circular coil it’d be about 7.5”. I’d think the depth would be at least comparable to the 6” or maybe a tad better. I’ve seen different posts saying different things. It’s always been my understanding that all coils aren’t really built the same even if they do get a full check and tested before they get shipped.

I saw an interview Coiltek did with a metal detecting podcast and he basically said if you squeeze the 10x5 coil into a circular coil it’d be about 7.5”. I’d think the depth would be at least comparable to the 6” or maybe a tad better. I’ve seen different posts saying different things. It’s always been my understanding that all coils aren’t really built the same even if they do get a full check and tested before they get shipped.
This is a crappy pic i made those lines around the coil are the coils field you can see on a wider coil that they go deeper than a coil that is not as wide. sube
IMG_20210328_193722.jpg